Hello

medespres
medespres Posts: 2
edited September 20 in Introduce Yourself
Just joined. My goal is 40-50 pounds. joined today and thought it might be a good way to see what I am really eating. I was never overweight until i had my son in 1993 and then lost the weight for about a year. Then started to gain weight over the years. I really need to do this for myself and for health reasons. The one big thing I hate to do is exercise. So that is where I need to concentrate. My foods are not that bad its the exercise I need to get motivated with.

Replies

• Welcome to MFP - this is a great place to find motivation!
  • Wecandothis
    Wecandothis Posts: 1,083 Member
    Welcome! This is a great place for you then! There is plenty of support from the folks on the forum. And the food diary is a real eye opener! I had no idea what I was eating and what it 'cost'. Knowledge is power, and this place will certainly educate you!

Welcome, and blessings on you as you start your new adventure!
  • That's my issue, too. The exercise. I also gained weight after pregnancy and kept it on. Welcome to the site. I think it's great.
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    :laugh: :laugh:

I feel your pain. LOL I don't know if I will EVER get to where I LIKE exercise or walking, but I sure DO like the side effects. And I am thankful that I am ABLE to walk with less pain and without getting so out of breath that it is embarrassing.

Welcome to MFP
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Hello and welcome to MFP. This site is awesome, you will love it here if you don't already. I :heart: it here. This site is so supportive, helpful, motivational, easy to use, and everyone here is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to tell you that I wish that you have great success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • tayner
    tayner Posts: 372
    welcome.... my suggestion to you is to try a myriad of different exercises until you find something you DO like. I have never been one for exercise myself, but i tried out just about everything at my gym i joined and finally found spinning... I am hooked (something i never thought I would say). The group classes are motivating, they help me work harder than I would work on my own. the music is a great distraction to the actual exercise, and cycling is easy on my knees, which is something I have to take into consideration for myself..... I spin 5 days a week for cardio, and then do some weights for my upper body toning to balance it out, since cycling uses mostly lower body and core.

anyway, keep trying, eventually you will find something that works for you... and once you start seeing the results it does make it easier to continue.
  • Thanks all for the warm welcomes. I am excited and motivate to get started. Today wasnt a great day for me though I went over in the calories. and didnt do the exercise so i have some work to do. But this was the first day for me.
This discussion has been closed.