navy,marines,coast guard,air force, navy or national guard
it don't matter at the end of the day we are in the same group
united states of america military
feel free to add or message me

Replies

• riouxha
    riouxha Posts: 995 Member
    Options
    I'm a nurisng student form ontario canada, but my motivation is to join the Canadian Armed Forcer as a nursing Officer.
  • martin_chicago
    martin_chicago Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    thats awesome how much more you need to your goal
  • DominiqueSmall
    DominiqueSmall Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU so much for serving in our military! I served 8 years in the Air Force. Congratulations on the amazing weight loss too! The military is lucky to have you!
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options
    You have got this!

I am in the Army ROTC program right now at my university. WIll be joining to be a dietitian for the military after i get my degree.
    My motivation is being the best I can, and kicking *kitten* on the PT test!
  • RAFValentina
    RAFValentina Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    What about us UK military folk!?
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    You have got this!

I am in the Army ROTC program right now at my university. WIll be joining to be a dietitian for the military after i get my degree.
    wait they have dietitians lol wut
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options
    You have got this!

Yup :D Soldiers need proper nutrition too!
  • crazylikefox
    Options
    In the Air Force they made the PT test more run based, so it is more difficult to pass. To stay in, you really have to bring your A game physically. This said, I have no doubt you can thrive in the armed forces. Pretty much anywhere, to succeed you have to be tenacious about setting a goal and not giving up, and it looks like you are doing just that.

Having lost all that weight, I can't imagine anything that can stop you. Inspiring!!
  • rachellosesitall85
    rachellosesitall85 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    You can do it! Coming from a military wife ;)
  • mindidily
    mindidily Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Good luck to all you joining the military! I've been US Air Force for over 10 years, it's hard but worth it!
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    You have got this!

Yes, they have taken away a lot of what the old 91B field medics had to do for the lazy.SOB's. LoL

Yes. 91B vet here
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    In the Air Force they made the PT test more run based, so it is more difficult to pass. To stay in, you really have to bring your A game physically. This said, I have no doubt you can thrive in the armed forces. Pretty much anywhere, to succeed you have to be tenacious about setting a goal and not giving up, and it looks like you are doing just that.

Having lost all that weight, I can't imagine anything that can stop you. Inspiring!!

Um...standards are equal across all divisions. What they did was make everything easier, less demanding both physically and mentally
  • xonikitashafferxo
    xonikitashafferxo Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    You got this!!!!

-USAF Wifey
  • good2bthaking
    good2bthaking Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Retired Marine Corps Gunnery Sergeant here. Nice job on the weight loss. As you lose weight you will also be increasing your self discipline. You need a strong mind and you seem to have that. Good luck on your journey and best of luck at Meps. Semper Fi!!! If you want to freind me feel free as maybe I can offer you some advice and motivate you. I was an infantryman (Grunt) for 20 yrs so I know a little about sucking it up and getting through the pain. Good luck!!!! You can do this!!!!! And to all the other Veterans who posted, thanks for your service!!!!
  • amyphillips1988
    amyphillips1988 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    What about us UK military folk!?

Yeah, is it US Military only or UK too? I've served 6 and a half years so far :)
  • martin_chicago
    martin_chicago Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    yes i will always bring my A game
    that's the only level i know not being cocky just confident:)

• Masterchef2000
    Masterchef2000 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Military wife also but in the UK. So hello to all the UK military! :-)

Just so you know, my husband's genetics make it so he stores more fat in the gut (he's Nordic, or as I like to say viking LOL). He can run like the wind but he's a big man. He scores lower on his waist measurement but blows it out of the water with all of his other abilities and is still able to score in the 90's for his PT tests. I don't know what the army does, we are airforce. You can do this! :-)
  • riouxha
    riouxha Posts: 995 Member
    Options
    thats awesome how much more you need to your goal

Sorry i was using mfp on my phone and cant read posts. I have about 50 :S
  • OneStepShort
    Options
    Thats my goal also! I've only got about 10 more lbs to go, so i'm getting really close and i'm very excited!
  • KenziesMomma11
    KenziesMomma11 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    You should stop by here, I have seen some soldiers that really need some help! They eat terribly!
    You have got this!

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!