PRICELESS!

Today I led a seminar for public speaking at the local campus of the University of Pittsburgh. There were about 70 people in the session. Thanks to my experience through Toastmasters International, I'm comfortable speaking in front of people and large crowds don't make me anxious. However, over the last few years what has NOT been comfortable was having to purchase larger and larger clothes, and feeling quite uncomfortable with my "size" as I led these and other similar seminars.

Today however, what was especially gratifying was wearing a blue pinstriped suit, dress shirt and tie. What's the big deal you ask?

You see the suit was one I hadn't worn in a long time. It was relegated to the back of the closet with some other "skinny" clothes. This specific suit, was VERY expensive when I purchased 16 years ago. However I had not worn this suit in 6-7 years because I was too large to fit into it without looking like the Pillsbury Dough Boy and having people want to "poke me in the stomach".

That was NOT the case today! In the words of the old "Visa" commercials..... P90X DVDs - $120...Endless hours of workouts and watching nutrition....$hundreds or even $thousands...fitting into a great looking suit not worn for 6-7 years and feeling very comfortable....PRICELESS!

Replies