Exercise DVD for Wheelchairs?

Options
Can anyone recommend workout videos for a person in a wheelchair? My sister is looking to improve balance, strength, and cardio. She cannot get out of the chair to exercise, and has limited movement of her legs.

I've heard Wii sports is good, but it's out of our price range.

Thanks!

Replies

• Changeisgonnacome
    Options
    My husband uses a wheelchair and so I had looked into this a while back but never purchased these so I don't know how good they really are. We bought a home gym instead which he can use.

http://www.moving-forward.biz/wheelex.html

http://www.exrx.net/Store/HL/BasicStrengthTrainingWheelDVD.html

Hope this helps.

:wink:
  • radtech
    radtech Posts: 20
    Options
    I know this is not exactly what you are looking for, but I have recently been using resistance bands and they are a great alternative. There are a lot of different exercises available with them and really do work!!:glasses:
  • d5d14m66
    d5d14m66 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Thanks!

She and I used to do a workout three days a week -- light weights, resistance band, balance training, etc., but I get home from work later now, so she's looking for a video to work out to during the day.
  • guidosgal
    guidosgal Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    Hi There My daught has C.P . uses a wheel chair and a walker (But her P.E teacher recomended a playstaion 2 game called eyetoy. Its a really good upperbody workout. Your body is the game controler I have tryed it and it gets me sweating and its alot of fun my daughter can sit in her chair and play it really well in fact she beats me all the time. I know that playstation 2 and eyetoys can be purchased on amazon for a reasonable price. :smile:
  • guidosgal
    guidosgal Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    Oops me again I forgot to metion that we have Wii sports also and the Eyetoy is much better if you do not have lower body function
  • gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    I used the Chair Aerobics For Everyone series. The boxing one is fun and made me sweat a lot.

For an easier workout check out Sit and Be Fit- there is some legwork in this one.

I would go for the Chair Aerobics for a tougher workout. They also have yoga which was very nice and relaxing.