Raspberry Ketone?

Options
I just learned about raspberry ketone on the Dr. Oz show. It's supposed to be a highly effective, all-natural fat burner. Has anyone ever tried this supplement? Is it worth giving it a shot? Thanks! :smile:

Replies

• Cross_fitter
    Options
    no, think I'll look it up - it's always a good idea to do your own research...:)
  • formersec
    formersec Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Dr. Oz promotes a lot of dubious products on his show. Save your money and do what works -- eat right and exercise.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options
    Highly effective yet no human studies. Only on rats and they had to take an extreme dose to see any effects at all.
    Highly effective though. Lol
  • LabRat529
    LabRat529 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    Rats annoy me. Just for the record. They don't get fat when they are supposed to get fat. And apparently they can eat things like raspberry ketones and get un-fat.

And then there are the neurons. Don't get me talkin' about those darn rat neurons. I wish they'd behave.

(take home message: we aren't rats and while animal studies are valuable- heck, my whole research project is done on rats and mice- we can never ever ever infer that something works in people just because it works in rats)
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    did you try giving the neurons raspberry ketones?
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    If you want to waste your money please send it to me! :happy:

If you ran out an bought all of the products Dr. Oz shills you would find yourself very broke.
  • emgawne
    emgawne Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    i tried it for about a month and all it did was make me feel really hungry all the time and retain water.
    but my friend used the same exact kind as i did and it has helped her burn some fat - although she also eats well and exercises daily. so its definitely not the "miracle" pill that he promotes it as.
  • LabRat529
    LabRat529 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    did you try giving the neurons raspberry ketones?

BRILLIANT!

What are my chances of actually finding the stuff now that Dr. Oz has talked about them? Five bucks says that the shelves are empty.

Sometimes I'm jealous of Dr. Oz. If only I had that kinda power.
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    i tried it for about a month and all it did was make me feel really hungry all the time and retain water.
    but my friend used the same exact kind as i did and it has helped her burn some fat - although she also eats well and exercises daily. so its definitely not the "miracle" pill that he promotes it as.

If she was eating well and exercising what did the pills do?
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    I read that as Rasberry Ketel One (the vodka) and I thought mmmm that sounds awesome!

But seriously, just eat right and exercise. Come on. There is NO miracle pill. And just because Dr. Oz is on TV, doesn't mean he knows what he's talking about. Would be very interesting to find out what kind of financial interest Dr. Oz has in all these products he promotes...
  • rhichi
    rhichi Posts: 133
    Options
    All I know about ketones is that they are the thing diabetics pee out when their blood sugar is too high. Not sure how they apply to raspberries...though in general I'm against the health fad du jour.
  • MattGetsMad
    MattGetsMad Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Completely works, it's how I lost all my weight.

Just wanted to leave that up there for a second to see if anybody would bite.

I've never used them, but if Dr. Oz is peddling them, they don't work.
  • shelbynicole32
    shelbynicole32 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I have been trying the 7keto and Forskolin that he said was a fat burner. The first month and a half I lost 10 pounds, but I was also excercising and eating right, so I can't narrow it down and pen point it to one exact thing. I'd say try it for a month, and although it may not be able to take the full effect that soon, you will at least know how it will affect your body.

Supplements may not be the "magic cure" for weight loss, but if they are good supplements for your body and are being taken in moderation of course, I think its worth a try.
  • AshRyd
    AshRyd Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    short to the point story --- my friend at work tried it and spent the day in the bathroom, she did lose weight, but no how I want to spend my saturday. her response, at least it was a Saturday!
  • sparkie51
    sparkie51 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Agree!!!!!!!!!
  • gidgemidge
    gidgemidge Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I think I'll hold off on them for now. I usually like Dr. Oz's advice, but it's true, I'd probably go broke if I bought into everything he promotes! :tongue:
  • ghazal_hk1
    Options
    Hello everyone,
    I gave it a try, i mean raspberry ketone pill, but it just made me really really hungry, so it doesn't work for me...