PRICELESS!

Options
Today I led a seminar for public speaking at the local campus of the University of Pittsburgh. There were about 70 people in the session. Thanks to my experience through Toastmasters International, I'm comfortable speaking in front of people and large crowds don't make me anxious. However, over the last few years what has NOT been comfortable was having to purchase larger and larger clothes, and feeling quite uncomfortable with my "size" as I led these and other similar seminars.

Today however, what was especially gratifying was wearing a blue pinstriped suit, dress shirt and tie. What's the big deal you ask?

You see the suit was one I hadn't worn in a long time. It was relegated to the back of the closet with some other "skinny" clothes. This specific suit, was VERY expensive when I purchased 16 years ago. However I had not worn this suit in 6-7 years because I was too large to fit into it without looking like the Pillsbury Dough Boy and having people want to "poke me in the stomach".

That was NOT the case today! In the words of the old "Visa" commercials..... P90X DVDs - $120...Endless hours of workouts and watching nutrition....$hundreds or even $thousands...fitting into a great looking suit not worn for 6-7 years and feeling very comfortable....PRICELESS!

Replies

• JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!!
  • runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Nice going! :happy:
  • DominiqueSmall
    DominiqueSmall Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Priceless Indeed!:smile:
  • Miss♥Ivi
    Miss♥Ivi Posts: 461
    Options
    AWESOME! (:
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    LOVE this!!! Congrats to you :flowerforyou:
  • Eaglesfanintn
    Eaglesfanintn Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    That's a great win! Congrats!
  • ryansgram
    ryansgram Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • 0AmyMarie0
    0AmyMarie0 Posts: 315
    Options
    That is so awesome! Congratulations!
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    Nice! I too pulled out a suit from about a 1 year ago and it was tight then. Now it's almost too loose. I know how great that feels bro.
  • mrsladybrewer
    mrsladybrewer Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! The NSV's are simply the best. Congrats!
  • Obstinate07
    Options
    Congrats :drinker:
  • garnetsms
    garnetsms Posts: 10,018 Member
    Options
    Love it Love it Love it...this is why we do it!!! Congrads!!

I have a dress hanging in my closet (in the front) for incentive to drop this weight...I can not wait till I get myself into it.
  • rammsteinsoldier
    rammsteinsoldier Posts: 1,556 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!!!! It is always motivational to read a success story!
  • reztib
    reztib Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Something to feel good about.
  • mousecat84
    Options
    Pictures or it didn't happen! ;) seriously though.... That is amazing! Congratulations :drinker:
  • coconutbuNZ
    coconutbuNZ Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Moments like those are definitely priceless and obviously you appreciated every single minute of feeling very pleased with yourself :)