Anxiety disorder

Options
2»

Replies

• R_is_for_Rachel
    R_is_for_Rachel Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I've lived with anxiety and panic attacks for past 20 years but have mostly gained control of my life in the last 6/7 years. For me it was a combination of hypnotherapy, stress reduction in life/work and a patient partner. I really would recommend hypnotherapy as it really helped with the subconscious part of the brain.
  • Mirdir
    Mirdir Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I suffer from major depression and anxiety for which I have been medication for the past 10 years. I have felt better since I started eating better and getting some exercise but I am still getting panic attacks though I am having less of them and they definitely are not as bad as they were.
  • entropy83
    entropy83 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    A good therapist and "The Anxiety and Phobia Workbook" You can get it on Amazon.

good luck.
    [/quote]

^^Yes, this book is really good for helping you work through the emotions and thoughts that contribute to anxiety attacks, and some CBT.
  • nikkiespo
    nikkiespo Posts: 42
    Options
    I have anxiety and panic attacks. Right before I started MFP my doctor put me on a low dose medication to help me. A week later, I was back to dancing in my living room. ( i hadn't done it in over 5 years). A week after that I started MFP and I work out every day. At my last check up, my doctor was ecstatic that I was doing this, and had already started seeing my progress. I go back again in May, and we have discussed at that point that maybe I can start getting off of the meds.

Medication is not for everyone, and I get this. But for my own personal experience it has helped tremendously. AND I firmly believe that it enabled me to start exercising and eating properly. For me, breathing exercises helped, but I still couldn't get rid of the chest pain and passing out ( that is how bad my panic attacks were). To each their own. However, I STRONGLY suggest you talk to your doctor and explore the options.