I'm new and I've lost my self esteem

Options
Hi....my name is Debs, I live in Ontario. I've just join after a colleague told me about this site.

I'm not feeling good about myself and I hate looking in a mirror, I don't even want to show my picture.
I'm hoping this site will be the help I've been searching for, I like the idea of tracking food and exercise. I'm also enjoying reading the many messages posted so far, I'm getting a good feeling about this. Fitness Pal, I'm counting on you.....

Replies

• cassondraragan
    cassondraragan Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Feel free to add me :) You can do this!
  • KWright76
    KWright76 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. Feel free to add me. :)
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    welcome
  • cassmonster
    cassmonster Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! Feel free to add me too!! Looking for support to lose 50 pounds!!!
  • mgs68pony
    mgs68pony Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Welcome! It seems so easy to loose your self-esteem but sooooo hard to get it back. Good luck on here and you can do this! feel free to add me if you would like!
  • mybiketrip
    mybiketrip Posts: 239
    Options
    Hey, Welcome!

This is a great program. I've seen it work wonders for several of my friends. However, the program isn't what causes you to lose weight (if def helps though!). Keep motivated and use this program to keep the motivation. Before you know it you'll be watching your weight graph drop and start feeling much better about yourself. It doesn't take too long.

To keep my motivation and raise my self esteem I have been using progressive relaxation tapes found on youtube. It helps me sleep, keep motivated, and have a general good feeling about what I'm doing for myself. It also helps with my insomnia as well!

Peter
  • StarvingDiva
    StarvingDiva Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    Welcome, I just recently joined a few months ago and it has been a 100% positive experience for me. Every person i've encountered has been really positive even if I don't agree with their posts on the message boards, everyone is pretty respectful. At least that's been my experience.
  • NavyKnightAh13
    NavyKnightAh13 Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    welcome!!!!! feel free to add me!!!!!!!!!!!! Everyone that I have met has been positive and been a good experience for me so far!
  • Jewel0124
    Jewel0124 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! Feel free to add me. :) We can help motivate each other.
  • tiffany1185
    tiffany1185 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome to this site. I think you ade a great decision to start here. The are amazing people on here and everyone is willing to help you out. feel free to add me. i am from newfoundland with at least 150 pounds to loose but i will settle for 100 and change my goals from there. its like everything in life if you want it bad enough you will have it, take your time and take care of yourself
  • jkels91
    jkels91 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    You can do it, Debs! Welcome to MFP. Feel free to add me. We all support each other here. You're not alone!
  • Kait1215
    Kait1215 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! feel free to add me if you'd like :)
  • stacyfoo
    stacyfoo Posts: 47
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, Debs! feel free to add me if you'd like :)
  • pholbert
    pholbert Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    It is a smart move coming here. This will work for you if you are determined to make it work. You CAN do this. Work the diaries. Logging the food has been a great help to me. I find it challenging in a good way. Lots of info here.People are very encouraging, really want to see you succeed. If you want to add me as a friend that would be great.
  • chelseruhoh
    Options
    Debs, you are beautiful no matter what you look like. Never think otherwise!
  • motivated1624
    Options
    Debs,
    You can do it and you are beautiful no matter what. I love this system I have it downloaded on my phone as well. It is so convient and it really helps you keep track of what you are doing. I will send you a friend request! We can be my fitness pal friends. I have started a new 90 challenge that I love and it is helping me with my motivation too. I have lost 3.5 lbs and 10 inches in two weeks. I love the combination of the challenge and MFP!!
  • bobbin1
    bobbin1 Posts: 60
    Options
    You will not be disappointed with this site. Everyone is so supportive and please don't be done on yourself we are almost all in the same boat. We all need support. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • nulife9727
    Options
    Welcome...you made the first big step in joining MFP...this is a great site that is full of tools to assist you and wonderful people/friends that will give you that extra motivation whenever you need. Good luck and feel free to add me as a friend too.
  • WorkoutMaine
    Options
    Found your self esteem! It was under the couch. Put it in your pocket and let's get healthy shall we!!!
  • Peta22
    Peta22 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Welcom from me too! Feel free to add me if you want a bit of support from 'down under' :)