Hi everyone!!

Options
Hi everyone, my name is Mindy and I'm new to this site. A co-worker of mine recommended it so I thought I'd give it a try. Before signing on to MFP I'd already lost 18lbs but I still have a long way to go and I'm hoping this site will help! One thing I've noticed about myself is that I don't drink nearly as much water as I thought I did. I'm constantly moving at work so I don't really get the chance to stop and drink a glass of water. Sounds kind of silly but it's not that easy and I sure could use some tips from others on what you do to make sure you're drinking enough water throughout your day!

Replies

• sandblazer
    Options
    I find that addding lemon or lime to water really helps me drink it. Plus I have read that the lemon or lime helps burn calories faster. Also, I try to drink a full glass of water before each meal. This helps you get your required amount and also with making you feel fuller.

Lisa :}}}
  • StarIsMoving
    Options
    I try to keep a cup nearby me or a bottle with me no matter where I am at. I have noticed that if it is on me, or in my sight, I sip way more of it that adds up without even realizing it. Hope that helps :)
  • subeesh77
    subeesh77 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I was also not drinking enough water all these days..
    I brought a 10 Cup Water Filter and placed at my workplace desk.I fill it up in the morning and my goal is to complete it before I leave back home after work .I am a goal oriented person, so having a goal has helped me for last 2 months :)
    The only negative part , I go to the men's room very often now days :)
  • marvelousmindy9
    Options
    lol subeesh77 sorry about your increase to the mens room but buying a 10 cup water filter and placing it at my desk at work and then making it a goal to get down there to drink it is a great idea!! As were all the others but I think having something on my desk will also help me get in some extra steps at work too! I'm terrified of elevators so I always take the stairs and we have 4 floors where I work so this will just help add to the steps I take plus help me get more water! Thanks everyone for all the great ideas because if one doesn't work then I have other ideas to try too!
  • tilfordj
    tilfordj Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I have one of those plastic party dispensers (1.5 gal)....I fill it with ice water every morning and drink most of it before the day is out....my co-workers think its great.
  • skyocom
    skyocom Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I start my day off with a water bottle and try to remind myself to drink every 15 minutes. Even just a SIP. I keep it full and have found that some day I drink between 2-3 gallons a day by bedtime. I thought this would cause more frequent trips to the bathroom, but I have found that if I get in a really good sweat from my workouts that's not a problem!