Yoga DVDs

Options
I want to start doing yoga at home on my rest days. Anyone have any suggestions on favorite DVDs?

Replies

• Melissa26point2
    Melissa26point2 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    nobody?
  • fitnessgal1318
    Options
    Some of my favorite yoga videos are by Eoin Finn, Power Yoga and Power Yoga for Happiness. They are chaptered so you can pick longer and shorter programs. I also like Baron Baptiste, Power Vinyasa Yoga Live Series. I also have an ancient video that I always keep going back to cause I love it so much, Yoga Mind & Body which features Ali MacGraw and is lead by an instructor Erich Schiffmann, I love the music, scenery and sound of his voice in this one. It's an oldie but to me a goodie. Shiva Rea is great too. There are newer DVD's out there but I find I always reach for these when I want to do yoga at home. Good Luck!
  • StarvingDiva
    StarvingDiva Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    I really like Yoga for Weight Loss by Gaiam website. They are easy to follow and they have 3 people doing the workout at different fitness levels so you can follow the one closest to your fitness level for doing it.
  • LesliePierceRN
    LesliePierceRN Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm gonna go hard core on ya and say P90X yoga. It's 90 minutes of intensity, and I have gained sooo much strength, coordination and balance from it. It's a staple in my workout, I do it every Thursday morning. It's rough in the beginning, but once you get used to it, it's soooo good.
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    Personally, I LOVE Rodney Yee. He works for Gaiam too. All the videos are available through Amazon, Barnes and Noble or direct from Gaiam. I particularly like AM/PM yoga he did with Patricia Walden and AM yoga for your week. GREAT videos and fairly short.
  • julie781
    julie781 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I really like Baron Baptist Journey into Power levels 1 and 2. Can't really do the second one but I'm trying. I love yoga! Good luck
  • Airbear3
    Airbear3 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    jillian michaels yoga meltdown! i couldn't do half the moves when i started but can do them all now and have the muscle to prove it! its great and i'm hooked. wish i tried the yoga years ago!
  • Melissa26point2
    Melissa26point2 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    awesome! thanks everyone!!
  • dizzydots
    dizzydots Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've been loving yoga! Due to injuries, I've really only been able to walk and do yoga, but I've been loving it--both how it makes me feel and what it's done for my body. These are the ones I've tried so far:

Jillian's Yoga Meltdown--more cardio based, and a good workout--but pretty short (only 30 minutes each level). I had to work up to it, but now I enjoy doing levels 1 & 2 back to back.

Bob Harper's Yoga for Warriors--my favorite so far! much more focused on strength/flexibility than Jillian's, and 60 minutes long. Gives lots of modifications if needed. Plus has an extra 15 minute ab work out which is great.

Rodney Yee--Power Yoga Total Body Workout--I like this one for when I want a more relaxed workout. It's about 60 minutes, not super hard, but has a nice flow to it. Great for flexibility

Brian Kest's Power Yoga--I was looking for something pretty challenging--this is an old school VHS put onto dvd (you can tell by the clothes, lol!). Has 3 levels--I've only done the first level so far, and it's pretty challenging. Looking forward to working up to the other 2.

Good Luck!
  • 69margaux
    69margaux Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi there. I am a birkram girl and love to do hot yoga but you can do it at home. They have 26 postures and you do each twice. I also love Kate Potter from Namaste TV yoga. Highly recommend.