Starting Over Fresh

Options
My husband of 40 years died a year ago. I've been eating anything I wanted when I wanted so of coarse I gained weight (20 pounds) this past year. I used to sit at the computer and never did very little else until he became sick with cancer. I worked very hard since but last fall I fell into old patterns of sitting at the computer hardly doing anything again. My son's wedding is coming up in May and I would at least like to fit into the dress I bought a month ago and my face a bit thinner for photos. So I am committed to starting fresh because I feel awful on this sweets and salt regime I have been eating for months.

Replies

• bakay138
    bakay138 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I am sorry for your loss, my condolences.

Keeping your eye on your sons wedding as a short term goal is an excellent idea! You can do it!!!
  • toosywoots
    Options
    thank you for the encouragement
  • sdm329
    sdm329 Posts: 57
    Options
    I'm sorry for your loss. I lost my dad 11 years ago and know how hard it was on my mom. You have a big event coming up and that will really help you stay motivated. I believe using this site will help as well. Good Luck.
  • toosywoots
    Options
    I have gone to grief classes which has helped a little but I am still in what they call the anger stage. I eat when I am angry-want high cal crunchies. Have to break a lot of bad habits but I am sure this site will help me do that. Thanks for the well wishes.
  • mentar75
    mentar75 Posts: 5
    Options
    It shows the world how delicate life is and that bad things happen to people everyday. I am so sorry this happened to you and I hope that you will continue to heal.

Know this..... Take one day at a time, allow yourself to feel, remind yourself that you are here and now. Grieving is not for whimps! It is a process that goes forward and back, several times..

Take your time, focus on limiting carbs and calories! If you did both, you will have a better outcome for the wedding. Take care Tara
  • toosywoots
    Options
    Grieving and the depression that stems from it seems to subside at times and then something comes up that reminds me all over again. You are right it's not for whimps. Neither is learning how to take care of everything by myself at my age. My husband used to take care of me and my 3 adult kids refuse to help much. Their attitude is for me to jump right in and learn to swim. So I'm going to start over fresh and do just that including learning a new life style of eating.
  • monainmn
    monainmn Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Glad you are here! I lost my husband a little over 2 years ago, put on 30 pounds on top of an already heavy body. But after mfp for 7months I am down 60 pounds :D. You can do this!!! I am truly sorry for your loss and friend me if you like :)
  • toosywoots
    Options
    Wow that's really great! 60 pounds! You're an inspiration.