I'm me, I'm here, and I'd like some friends...

Options
I have struggled with weight my entire life, and although I have "yo-yo'd" a few times, I've never been at what would really be considered a healthy weight. I have never truly either understood, or believed, what it took to lose weight and keep it off, until now. I feel like I have spent 28 years looking for a magic pill to give me the body and life that I have always wanted and until I found it I guess I had just decided to pass my time with eating, lol. Me and my husband struggled with infertility for 3 years and I cant help but feel that it was related to my lifelong obesity. After going through IVF we have been blessed with the most wonderful, perfect baby anyone could ever ask for. And so now, it's not just for me, it's for him. It's for him that I want, and must, do this. It's for him that I dont want to be a fat or lazy Mom who is too tired to do things with him or play with him. I want to be a good role model and example for him, and right now, I am most definitely not. I also want to do this for myself...finally. I want to look in the mirror and see on the outside what I have always seen and felt on the inside. Those two versions of myself have never matched, and it's about time that they do, and ultimately I am the only one who can change it. I have a wonderful husband who supports me and loves me the way that I am, and for that I am forever grateful. When I gave birth to my son I weighed an all-time high of 318 and since then (nearly 11 months) I have lost close to 55 pounds. Ultimately, I would like to weigh 150. I dont even know where that number came from, but it's always been this magical and seemingly untouchable number that's lingered just out of reach for me my entire life. Or a size 10 pants, that seems pretty magical to :) I would love to find some online friends for mutual support and motivation and if anyone is interested in that, please feel free to add me. I think working together we could hopefully get there twice as fast.

Replies

• tz2187
    tz2187 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me.. We all need support and motivation.
  • Frisky_CoastalNative
    Options
    This was raw and very vulnerable! Bravo for being brave. I would love to have you an MFP friend...send an invite :smile:
  • fittertanme
    fittertanme Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me.. We all need support and motivation. and on here you will get the help and all you have to do is just ask
  • BIGJIMMYU
    BIGJIMMYU Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Good speech! Sign me up!
  • terra32903
    terra32903 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you would like. I have about 100 lb. to lose. Just know that I provide 'real' comments and if I think someone is messing up I will likely point it out in a gentle way. ie....staying under calories while eating only fast food is NOT going to earn you a congratulations :-)
  • amen025
    amen025 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    hi tonya,
    congrats on your 50 pounds weight loss!! feel free to add me....here to support and help :) good luck

Ashmitha
  • Tami302
    Tami302 Posts: 7
    Options
    I have had a miscarriage and have not tried again to have a baby... you story moves me and I would love to be your friend if you want!!
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    Hi! I've almost reached the elusive 155, and i'm going for more. I have 2 kids. I'll send you a friend request.
  • iamnoangel
    Options
    Feel free to add me!!! Welcome to MFP!
  • johanna023
    johanna023 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Welcome! :)
  • theartichoke
    theartichoke Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story. My boys are what finally did it for me too. Request sent and good luck to you!!
  • bikinibeliever
    bikinibeliever Posts: 832 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. We have about the same distance to travel. :smile:
  • MummyDB
    MummyDB Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Awesome sharing. Congrats on your weight loss so far. Sending a friend request
  • keeponkickin
    keeponkickin Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Welcome and your story is so touching. You're more than welcome to add me. I'm also striving for that magical "150." Lost 112 and now have 15 more to go.
  • Tonya050511
    Options
    Thank you so much for all the responses and requests. I really love this site and I look forward to all that can be gained here...not just a healthier lifestyle, but friends included. I apparantly cannot add so many people so quickly, so if I left anyone out it was unintentional and I apologize, please feel free to add me. Thanks again!
  • ToEKnee213
    ToEKnee213 Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    Welcome & Best of luck to you! Thank you for sharing your story *hugs*

I'll add you to my friends list!!