Jamaiccaaa!

Options
megz4987
megz4987 Posts: 1,008 Member
Anyone ever been? Specifically, Negril, Jamaica. I'll be going in January next year.

What were some things that you did that you enjoyed/recommend??

Replies

• kaetmarie
    kaetmarie Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    I was in Montego Bay in August for my honeymoon ... and it was so much fun!! We were in an all-inclusive resort and on our honeymoon, so we never left :laugh: but it's absolutely beautiful there. Have fun!!
  • LenaMena87
    LenaMena87 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    We're going in July!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! To Ocho Rios...Negril and Westmoreland!!!!!!!
  • PoeRaven
    PoeRaven Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Same here, was in Montego Bay in February. Beautiful island...beware of locals. Stay safe.
  • PeaceCorpsKat
    PeaceCorpsKat Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Skip the resorts. I hung out in Kingston and went hiking in the Blue Mountains, stayed on a coffee plantation with the pickers. It was awesome!
  • ThePunkHippie
    Options
    I went when I was 14 - I don't remember where, but probably Kingston

I completely don't recommend it at all. Everyone was chasing us down, trying to get us to buy things from them, drugs & *kitten* were rampant (& we were in a 'nice'/touristy area). The beach had a cover charge to keep locals off it, but it only kinda worked.

Went to Nicaragua when I was 21, would recommend it to EVERYONE. It was infinity times better
  • girlnumber57
    Options
    We were there last October. We also hardly left our resort, only left once to zip line. Gorgeous drive to the zip line and very interesting to see the housing and hear how they live/build their homes. Driving on the left side of the road was also quite interesting! Hope you have a wonderful time!
  • boomboom011
    boomboom011 Posts: 1,459
    Options
    went to montego in may of last year for my cousins wedding. didnt have much time to get out and sight see.

going back at the end of june to take it all in!
  • Redness82
    Redness82 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Yes!! I stayed at RIU Negril, LOVED it! So beautiful!

If you can go on the sunset booze cruise with snorkeling, do it! The shopping in town is fun too!

I wanna go back! :)
  • fitjunk
    fitjunk Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I went to Negril in March 2010. I've been alot of places and have to say the beach and the water are my favorite so far! We stayed at The Beaches Resort(Sandals for families) and it was pretty good. We went for 15days and the weather was hot everyday. The Jamician people are the most friendly and helpful people of any place Ive been with my children. Treat them with respect(as we always should when we are visiting a different country) and they will treat you very well. You will not regret your trip! My boy was only 4yrs old when we went and he still talks about! If you like adult drinks......Mudslides!!!!
  • Skeebee
    Skeebee Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    My husband and I went to the Sandals resort in Negril, Jamaica in 2009 for our honeymoon and LOOOVED IT!!! We just took our second trip back in January to Sandals, Whitehouse because we loved it so much. Negril is more of a "party" city I would say. A lot of hecklers on the shores. Whitehouse is next to a nature preserve and technically in a bay so there were no people trying to heckle you or ANYTHING in the water. Very peaceful, but a much older crowd (I'm 30 now so I noticed the difference...). But, we absolutely LOVE Jamaica!!!