Trying to find my way back.....

Options
My name is james and I am a 43 year old firefighter. Three years ago I was in the best shape of my life and competed in sprint tri athlons. After a bout with depression I went from being very active to nothing. My weight has gone from 205 to 230, and my endurance has fallen to nothing. It has gotten to the point where I was experiencing tightness in my chest and my job performance was being effected. After a physical and stress test I decided it was time to get things back on track. I am about three weeks in and my cousin suggested this site to me so I thought I would give it a try. In the past I have struggled with being 110% in on fitness or not at all, I tend to get discouraged easily. Nutrition and diet has always hampered me as well as inadequate sleep. My goal is to improve my fitness, drop the weight I have added and return to the tri athlons. I like the idea of having a community to help me along, any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Replies

• CrazyFly7
    CrazyFly7 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    This website will help you a lot and individuals such as yourself find the support and the "cheerleaders" that they need. I think that everyone struggles with the nutrition and diet piece of it, I find that what helps me is checking out the "reports" that they have on the top it's interesting to check out to see what you're eating a lot of vs what you're not. I'm still pretty new to this but there are some veterans on this website who can give you some great tips. But good luck on your journey and stay positive! :)
  • kvonjohn
    kvonjohn Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I'm new here too and I can tell you the amount of support here is incredible and very inspirational. Welcome!
  • lexytay
    lexytay Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm new too! :) Good Luck!
  • jenj1313
    jenj1313 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    James...

Randomly, I just replied to your "other" post then saw this one pop at the top of the list.

Feel free to add me if you'd like.

I love biking and love seeing kids on the trails and paths with their parents.

All the best to you on your MFP journey.

Jen