Third times a charm?!

Options
Hey everyone! I'm Erica and this will be my third time attempting to lose weight this year. This time I am ready to do it. I'm 26 and a mother of a year old baby boy. I've been married for almost 3 years and work night shift as an ICU RN.

I am starting this diet with a 2 day fast to flush and cleanse my body. The fast also helps to curb cravings after it is completed. I have done it many times over the last couple of years and it really helps me get a great start on my diet.

I am going to be supplementing my diet with strenght training, aerobics and flexibility components. I hope to work out 5 times a week. I am actually doing a Beachbody program called Chalene Extreme.

I hope to get to know some of you and will be here for support if needed!

We can do it!:smooched:

Replies

• KimberlyKurtz
    Options
    welcome Aboard. Good luck to you. This site works with many diets. Also there are other users doing the same workout viedo as you.
  • dbenes03
    Options
    I have just started MFP as well. I actually joined a few months ago, but really didn't keep up with it. I have a really busy schedule- grad student and working 2 jobs. I love working out; actually just completed my 1st half marathon. However, I have not lost a single pound while I was training. I know that it was due to my poor diet. I have been on MFP regularly for the past week and feel so much better about myself. I cannot believe how many calories I was consuming before. I have been instructed to eat 1200 cals/day. It has been a bit of a struggle; however going on week 2, I am getting a little more used to it.

Congrats to you for joining and stick with it this time! I know I am going to try as well!
  • JessicaDawn
    JessicaDawn Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat.... I joined last June, then I found out I was pregnant in Sep. So now I have a beautiful 11 week old baby, and I am 12 lbs lighter than I was before I got pregnant, so here I go again. This time will be different!

I am also dancing my booty off with Chalene! Good Luck!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. This site is awesome, you will love it here if you don't already. I :heart: it here. This site is so supportive, helpful, motivational, easy to use, and everyone here is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to tell you that I wish that you have great success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • EricaU
    EricaU Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! You are all so encouraging. I wish you all the best of luck as well!
  • dwnjjugalette
    Options
    I have just started MFP as well. I actually joined a few months ago, but really didn't keep up with it. I have a really busy schedule- grad student and working 2 jobs. I love working out; actually just completed my 1st half marathon. However, I have not lost a single pound while I was training. I know that it was due to my poor diet. I have been on MFP regularly for the past week and feel so much better about myself. I cannot believe how many calories I was consuming before. I have been instructed to eat 1200 cals/day. It has been a bit of a struggle; however going on week 2, I am getting a little more used to it.

Congrats to you for joining and stick with it this time! I know I am going to try as well!

If you spread your calories between 6 meals a day (every 2-3 hours) it is so much better. I am never really hungry and i get to eat a bunch of really tasty foods. My favorite afternoon snack is ralphs brand carb master yogurt (vanilla flavored) with a handful of Kashi Go Lean Crunch! mix it up to make a VERY yummy parfait! I have a bunch of these tasty ideas, not all sweet, but very tasty and suprizingly healthy. I fully believe that for most foods, there is a healthy alternative that is close enough to enjoy just the same if not more. If anyone needs any ideas, please feel free to shoot me a message. Also a snack for all the vegheads out there that i find INCREDIBLE (not all do, you either love it or hate it) peel and slice a cucmber, throw some tapatio hot sauce (to taste) and lemon juice (i prefer bottled, realemon is pretty good) with a dash of salt (totally optional), mix it all up and you have a very tasty treat. a bit spicy, but you can go easy on the hot sauce if that bugs you. Really good. I also have a recipe for a mock McDonalds sausage McMuffin if you want it that is WAAAAYYYYY better for you. Anyways, like i said, i have a million ideas and they are all healthy. I would be happy to check all of the calories and whatnot for you, just let me know! And if i don't have the one you want, i will do my best to find it! GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!

Good luck to all!