Crunchy salts

Any lovers of crunchy salts? Crackers, nuts, chips? What do you do to curve these cravings, or what do you eat in their place?

Replies

• Teksavvy
    Teksavvy Posts: 133 Member
    Love them!
    Popcorn - Eat the 100 calorie packs
    Nuts - Just take out a bit at a time so I can track portions. I used to eat directly from the bag.
    Potato Chips - Eat Special K chips. I like them, but I know it's an acquired taste.
  • Mindmovesbody
    Mindmovesbody Posts: 399 Member
    I didn't cut out nuts! I have a handful almost every day. Love pretzels too so I but organic speltz pretzels and count out a serving size...exactly 18. They are obviously carbs but fat free. Then, I eat them slowly...lol! I feel silly counting out serving sizes but it has to be done. I found when I tried totally cutting things out I only craved it more. Just use moderation. For crunchy alone I go for carrot sticks!
  • Mindmovesbody
    Love them!
    Popcorn - Eat the 100 calorie packs
    Nuts - Just take out a bit at a time so I can track portions. I used to eat directly from the bag.
    Potato Chips - Eat Special K chips. I like them, but I know it's an acquired taste.

I eat all of these things too! The sour cream and onion special k chips are YUMMY!
  • Kempossible
    Kempossible Posts: 158 Member
    Baked chips
  • wwk10
    wwk10 Posts: 244 Member
    You have named my weakness. I have to stay away from salty snacks. Its not salty but I accidentally bought huge olives with pits. I nibble on them. Or 5 saltiness, but that is a depressing salt fix. It seems diet y.
  • littlelily613
    littlelily613 Posts: 769 Member
    I was addicted to chips (could eat a whole big bag in one sitting, and I did so often which is probably partly why I am in the situation I am in right now). I have always loved really salty and crunchy things. If I am not having chips (I do only occasionally as a treat), then I make the mini popcorns and season them (or make a mini salt and pepper popcorn which is delicious as is), and rice chips are also good.
  • mistyladidah
    mistyladidah Posts: 210 Member
    If you like sushi at all, see if you can find these or something like them... http://www.amazon.com/Being-Blue-Roasted-Seasoned-Seaweed/dp/B0052UVZJI They're dried seaweed rectangles and they are SO yummy! Nice and salty, and very crispy. I drink water with them and swear it makes me full for longer.

I got a box of 27 at Costco for under 10 bucks, and a pack is a single serving with all of 30 calories! My 3 1/2 year old loves them too!
  • Jen325xi
    Jen325xi Posts: 2
    Snapea crisps are amazing!
  • Mindmovesbody
    Snapea crisps are amazing!

Love these things too! You can also make or get kale chips. These are amazing as well!
  • MissNations
    MissNations Posts: 513 Member
    Stove-popped popcorn. Use olive oil for popping then sprinkle with 1 T grated parmesan. Falafel chips. Pita chips.
  • sunlily2003
    sunlily2003 Posts: 4 Member
    crunchy salts are my weakness, that and chocolate...Try the special K cracker chips, they have a few flavors and are really good. I think 27 cracker chips for 110 calories...I've tried most of the flavors, but the sea salt ones are my favorite....If you find yourself wanting regular chips, just grab a serving size and eat them slowly so you can savor them...that's what I've been doing...a bag of chips last me a week or more now, whereas before i could eat a bag in a day or two...just keep at it...don't give up, even if you splurge one day...start over that same day or the next day...Good luck!!
  • SnazzyTraveller
    SnazzyTraveller Posts: 457 Member
    ohhh any tips for making good kale chips? and i'll need to check out that seaweed... sounds like it just might do the trick. i do love sushi... did u ask because it tastes similar?
  • love22step
    love22step Posts: 1,103 Member
    http://allrecipes.com/recipe/baked-kale-chips/

Here's a recipe. I'll have to try it too. I wonder if collard greens would work? I have those my garden. It wouldn't hurt to try. :bigsmile:

Also found a youtube video for collard green/kale chips. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfYmvPJhApE

I'll try it this weekend.