Can you really gain 6 pounds in one weekend?

Options
Holly crap! I was so proud that I made it to 150 on Friday! So happy I took the weekend off. I still did my walk on Sunday but I ate cookies and chips and humus oh my :grumble: with my family and didn't write everything down. So I was feeling happy to go workout today, I step on the scale and :noway: OMG I wanted to cry! The cookies were not THAT good!

So I want to know if I am doomed to workout 2 hrs a day for a month to fix this or is it maybe the sodium in the chips and I might go back down to the 150 that I was for all of one day before I messed it all up by stuffing my face! :cry:

Some please tell me all is not lost!

228826.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

:sad: I was at 30 lbs lost :explode:

Replies

• XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    Umm... I thought the same because I had gained 4 in a weekend. My trainer said to be able to GAIN 4 real pounds would be to eat big macs all day long, which he safely assumed I didn't.

flush with lots of water if you went over your sodium allowance. and forgive yourself. It's a new day, right?
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    Yeah it's the sodium carb combo. It will come off after a while. How long depends on your body.
  • Shanta1983
    Shanta1983 Posts: 1,228 Member
    Options
    Dont feel bad I was at 45lbs lost and somehow I splurge like you and went way over on my sodium.I was 180lbs only lb away from the 170's now Im stuck at 184lbs:grumble: :grumble: :grumble: ..I SO FEEL YOUR PAIN:cry::cry: :brokenheart:
  • JoyousMaximus
    JoyousMaximus Posts: 9,285 Member
    Options
    Not unless you ate 21,000 calories MORE than you burned. Mojogurl has it right. Drink a lot of water to flush out extra sodium and you'll be fine in a day or two. :flowerforyou:
  • Shanta1983
    Options
    Dont feel bad I was at 45lbs lost and somehow I splurge like you and went way over on my sodium.I was 180lbsonly 1lb away from the 170's now Im stuck at 184lbs:grumble: :grumble: :grumble: ..I SO FEEL YOUR PAIN:cry::cry: :brokenheart:
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    That's a lot of cookies! :laugh:
    I can gain 6 pounds in a few days - but it's all sodium. A lot of water & exercise will get rid of it in a few more days.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options

Is that a challenge? :tongue:
  • Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I might have had a light day also. I started the week (last week) at 153, so if it was a light day Friday and today is a heavy day it might not be so bad. :ohwell:
    Just sucks to see that stupid weight back up!

228826.png
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    Well, then can you really gain 10lbs in one week????
    According to my scale you can.
    I am drinking tons of water and hopefully it will go away. I know it's water because I am swollen from the knees down! (well, okay it's water, cake, water, liquor, water, food, and did I mention water?? )

I'm hoping I will be back on track next week.

Memaw
  • Shanta1983
    Options
    I am tryin to drink as much water as I can ugh...I still feel bloated
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options

LOL! :laugh:
  • GrnEyz80
    GrnEyz80 Posts: 121
    Options
    It's just water weight! Don't worry, and don't get discouraged. Just like you can drop 2 pounds in one day! Just your body storing/dropping water. So like everyone said, drink lots of water! Your body is holding on to water to offset all of the sodium you ate, so give it tons of water and it'll go back to normal! :)
  • tfreezin
    Options
    Sodium truly is the bain of our existence! That and processed sugars.

Along with continuing your regular excercise and drinking the copious water everyone is suggesting, go for a sauna. A couple of times this week if you can.

You would be amazed how 15 minutes in a dry sauna after a work out allows you to shed those bogus "water weight" pounds from retaining H2O and it makes you feel SO much better. No more bloat!
  • gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options

HAHAHHAHA:laugh:
  • Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Ok so today I am 153 and 2 oz! I forgot that it is also my TOM so that might have a little bit to do with it as well. Thank you all I don't feel so bad now. I'll just be extra good this week and stay strong over the weekend!

228826.png