Looks healthy...but definitely was not!!

Options
Oh man, this is so frustrating. Each day for work, I bring my turkey sandwhich, a yogurt, and a nature valley bar. However, today I forgot both of my snacks :( . So i figured that the cafeteria would have to have something good, right? LIttle did I know, that is closed right after lunch time, and I was left with vending machine. Hoping for some sun chips or at least baked chips, I was grealy disappointed. Then i saw a bag of trail mix! I debated between trail mix and peanut M&Ms(my guilty pleasure), and decided on the trail mix. As soon as it came out of the vending machine, I found out that this tiny little bag had nearly 80 more calories than the whole package of peanut M&Ms. I was so upset- if i had known, I would have spent my calories on something i actually enjoyed, not a bad of artificial sweeteners and sugar. Well, we live and learn, but I HAD to vent about this!!

Replies

• likes2bwet
    likes2bwet Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    The trail mix is healthier for you even tho it was higher calories....you made the right choice :smile:
  • Jessimicab
    Options
    it's true nuts and seeds are high in calories, but also very high in what I like to refer to as "good for yous" like nutrients and GOOD oils/fats. where as peanut M&Ms are hardly nutritional. so where you might feel "discouraged" or frusterated... you've just eaten one of the healthiest snack foods available.
    GOOD FOR YOU
  • metsgirl31
    Options
    I'm not too sure it was- the first ingredients were sugar, sugar paste, confectioner sugar, food dyes, and the peanuts were fried in oil :-\
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    Ewww what kind of trail mix was that?? Fried peanuts? Vending machine = the devildey!
  • Shanta1983
    Shanta1983 Posts: 1,228 Member
    Options
    Yea they are right the trail mix was a better choice for you:flowerforyou:
  • metsgirl31
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Tomorrow is a new day and i will NOT forget my snacks!!:smile: