Stairmaster tonight........NSV

Options
lokin4deer
lokin4deer Posts: 44 Member
Everytime I go to the gym I see this piece of equipment sitting there with no one on it ever. So i figure what the heck I will give it a whirl. I started walking and thinking this doesnt seem to bad. I am looking at the buttons trying to figure out how to make this a little more challenging. Then I see the level button. I went from one to 6 or 7 and look out the devil reared its ugly head. I was going to quit after 10 minutes but I have a saying that I try to work out by "I dont quit when I am tired I quit when I am done" So I made it all 20 minutes and hit the 60th floor with 11 seconds left. Let me tell you that things will kick your butt. I was drenched in sweat and I am sure my legs will be mad at me tomorrow! But it was a good feeling when I was done!

Replies

• visiri
    visiri Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Was it the one with actual stairs that move like a mini escalator? That thing is HARD!!! Congrats and great job.
  • irenedemos
    Options
    I started the stairmaster a few weeks ago, and let me tell you, IT DOES kick your butt. I started it for 5 min, then 10 and I am up to 20 mins now. I love how I feel after and I also am covered in sweat! My goal is 30 mins and hopefully I will acheive that in the next few weeks!
  • lokin4deer
    lokin4deer Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Was it the one with actual stairs that move like a mini escalator? That thing is HARD!!! Congrats and great job.

Yes!! Thanks!
  • osewcute
    osewcute Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    You should be very proud of yourself! I love your saying - I'm going to start telling myself that!
  • 9jenn9
    9jenn9 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I love/hate the stair mill! I've been doing it for a few years now and it's always a challenge! I like to skip every few steps then take giant steps. It's like doing deep lunges over and over again.
  • vegasfrank
    Options
    StairMaster Stepmill - High Intensity, low impact and functional exercise. great piece of equipment. we have them at our gym, always busy.
  • kellyuncanny
    kellyuncanny Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I see those at my gym too, but nobody ever uses them. You've inspired me to try it out!!

I tried the recumbent bike the other day when the treadmills and circuit machines were all busy, but it was boring as hell to me. I kept sliding down in the seat and it was uncomfortable and no challenge at all. I put it in the "Alpine" mode and it did nothing. Maybe I'm doing it wrong...?
  • quietHiker
    quietHiker Posts: 1,442 Member
    Options
    Haha! Nice job!!! More power to you! The stairmaster is a gift from the devil himself. So glad you pushed yourself and kept going. You're amazing! :)
  • belgerian
    belgerian Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    Its called the Gauntlet at our gym and the name serves it right, I used to do it frequently but I just switched up for what ever reason.
  • jnh17
    jnh17 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Awe...the stairclimber. We have a love/hate relationship. Twenty minutes is great for your first time! I normally do it for about 15 minutes after I'm done with sprints. Thankfully, it's directly under the GIANT ceiling fan in my gym.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!