New day dawning

Options
:glasses: I love the idea of being able to put my thoughts into a brand new journey. I have never been overweight, I played College Football but up until about 6yrs ago I started having knee surgeries that never seemed to stop for a grand total of 7, the same knee!!!!!!!! I figure I might as well go full disclosure, during one of the procedures unknown to me I developed a DVT(blood clot) behind my knee in my calf area. I didnt know about this till about 10 days later as I was cruising thru the kitchen when BAM, I felt my heart jerking and fluttering like you cant imagine and then I felt as if someone stabbed me in the chest. They call this a Pulmonary Embolism and it was massive, I wont bore you with the drama but I shouldnt be living and yet I am. I picked up so weight from being in and out of surgery but finally said I dont want anymore I will take pain medication and wait till I am a bit older to get it replaced. At the beginning of the year of was having problems with my wife that ended up me moving out and long story short divorced, all the while I was taking care of my 67yr old Father who had Dementia and was declining faster than I could keep up. Here I am divorced and my then 14yr son that I was the caregiver,coach,teacher,mentor, etc. now not wanting to speak to me. I have my Father to deal with then He suddenly dies on me. I had other things happen that makes this a Lifetime movie but I spun out of control not leaving the house and Vodka becoming my best friend. I wasnt a drinker at all before. Well a month ago I by the Grace of God was pulled up out of this pit and this has given my some amazing coping skills. The thing is I got out of shape bad and now am on the Journey to find my identity and live for me and not everyone else. I was a national qualifier in Powerlifting so I know how to train and diet. I want to reach out and still be a student. I can kick you in the azzz or pat you on the back. This doesnt mean I dont need it too!!!!! I plan to record this to help others in my Charity that is commencing and taking me from Florida back to Columbus Ohio very soon! Thanks for reading and say hello....
My best to you all,

Brian
20174314.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• ToEKnee213
    ToEKnee213 Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    Wow - what a moving story!

Welcome to MFP and best of luck to you on your journey.

Feel free to add me...but I must warn you - Im a U of M fan :smile:
  • BuckeyeBoi
    BuckeyeBoi Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Thank you very much! There is more to it I just wanted to stay within facts and not drama(ya right)!
  • dwtimeoutt
    dwtimeoutt Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    After reading your post I'm sure MFP with inspire you. We all have different journeys but the same goals. We either want to look good for feel good. For those of us who are older than 40 I'm guessing feeling good is the priority. With your background, you will know what to do. My philosophy is a simple one. I am allowed a Number of Calories per day and am required to exercise for at least 30 minutes. With two back surgeries behind me and a buldging disc I choose walking. So, no matter what , I stay in my calorie range. This will be my 5th day. I popped on the scale this morning ( curiosity got the best of me) and it is looking good. Can't wait for Monday to check my weight and document it.
  • rockme1
    rockme1 Posts: 2
    Options
    Good luck on your Journey I am sure you have what it takes to go all the way. You have been through a lot without question most would not be able to make a come back, but some how I can sense your a very strong person. I am sure you are going to excel very quickly.
    Best of luck and remember we are all here to have each others back when needed. I haven't been here long, but from what I have seen so far there is a great bunch of people on MFP.
    Feel free to add me as a freind....
  • angielautenbach
    angielautenbach Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I too had an P.E. So scary. Mine started in my lung though didnt travel from my leg. Do you have to be on any blood thinners still?
  • BuckeyeBoi
    Options
    What a bunch of sweet people!!!!!! @Angie nooooooooooooooo blood thinners anymore! I was on Coumadin for about 8mths, cuz I had part of the clot still in my leg but no risk of traveling. I have a Vena Cava Filter in my Stomach so I will never have to worry about a clot traveling
  • LucyvdPelt
    LucyvdPelt Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me!
  • BuckeyeBoi
    Options
    10-4 Lucy!
  • BuckeyeBoi
    Options
    Happy Friday to you all!