How do you acquire your produce other than grocery store?

Options
Just curious as to where people get their fruits/veggies who do not purchase in a grocery store...I just receently discovered Bountiful Baskets in my area and was impressed with the variety and the cost. Cant wait for the local farmers markets to open!!

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Spud.com - they bring local produce (and some not as local) to my house. I've neglected to order lately but need to start up again. Stands for Sustainable Produce Urban Delivery and they service the Seattle area, San Fran Bay Area, LA & Orange County, Vancouver, Vancouver Island & Calgary.

Also looking forward to the Farmer's Markets this year!
  • Cold_Steel
    Cold_Steel Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    We are starting a patio garden, by we I mean my wife.... So until then Sprouts/ Albertsons for us !
  • glittersoul
    glittersoul Posts: 671
    Options
    I just signed up for a co-op for fresh produce.
  • Sherbog
    Sherbog Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    Farmers market
  • BuckeyeBoi
    BuckeyeBoi Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Fortunate enough to live in Florida right now and have a Farmers Market!!!
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    I grow my own. Farm my own eggs also.
    GardenoverheadviewAug4th-1.jpg

Garden2011cucumbertrellis-1.jpg
  • Masachapa
    Masachapa Posts: 79
    Options
    In central California we have many incredible roadside produce stands where you buy direct from the farmer. My favorite is Loretelli Farms in Modesto, CA.

http://loretellifarms.com/Loretelli_Farms.html
  • steamlita
    steamlita Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I LOVE going to the Farmers' Market near me or in the next city over. I also like to go to specialty whole-foods/gluten free stores. The one I go to is only as big as a normal room and it's full of gluten free or vegan raw foods. Yum!
  • ejohndrow
    ejohndrow Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    I found a coconut on the hillside one time an ate it, otherwise, not so fortunate to have options other than the grocery store.
  • ZyheeMoongazer
    ZyheeMoongazer Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Farmers Market. Sadly in Minnesota the growing season is very short.
  • enchantedbunny
    Options
    Farmers Markets. Also, my dad tends to a mini-forest of fruit trees in his backyard of all our favorite Southeast Asian fruits -- longan, lychee, mango, guava, soursop / custard apple, waterapple, white grapefruit, etc. :)
  • carrots1964
    carrots1964 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    i have a veg box delivered, it has made me eat a wider variety of veg as i hate waste. I also grow some and attend the local framers market once a month.
  • finchest
    finchest Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    farmer's market, co-op, little garden!
    beautiful garden, to whoever posted those incredible photos!
  • janjan369
    janjan369 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I go to the Farmer's market once a month and I have a CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) box delivered weekly. I don't always know what will be in the box which is great because I get introduced to fruits/veggies I wouldn't normally choose.
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,972 Member
    Options
    Farmers' Market -- every Saturday, rain or shine.:smile: But in Southern California, its usually shine. I hate it when I have to buy grocery store veggies.:cry: