90 lbs. lost...wow!

Options
Smokey19
Smokey19 Posts: 796 Member
My name is Kimberlee, 48. I started out weighing 304 lbs. and tonight when I weighed in at TOPS I weighed 214 lbs. I still have another 60 lbs. to lose. I have type 2 diabetes and was able to go off all my insulin and now take oral meds to control my diabetes. That was awesome. I didn't like taking insulin and I find the oral meds work great.

I became disabled 3 1/2 yrs ago after a heart attack and coronary bypass surgery to bypass 5 blocked arteries. I have neuropathy but that has improved since I was able to lose weight and get my blood sugar under control. I basically stay home all the time unless I go to my many doctor appts. and going to the gym a couple times a week.

If I can do this, I know that you can do this as well. I just wanted to share my story.

Feel free to add me.

Replies

• mousecat84
    Options
    That is so amazing! I am very happy for you, you've had some tough times, but you look to be on track for the future!
  • huskamute
    huskamute Posts: 17
    Options
    That's fab!!!! Well done and keep going.xx
  • kcragg
    kcragg Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you have been through it, but you are making really positive steps in the right direction. Losing 90 lbs is amazing!

Good luck:)
  • melly049
    melly049 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    You are a true inspiration!!
  • LillyMosley
    LillyMosley Posts: 166
    Options
    Kimberlee, i am the same age as you and con not believe all you have had to cope with, you ARE an inspiration!
  • Iceylyons
    Iceylyons Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    What a fantastic job! Instead of becoming a victim to circumstances you pushed through it and worked your butt off. Many people would've just used that as an excuse. I don't know you, but am so proud of you! You are an inspiration!
  • speedyf
    speedyf Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    You are working hard and you're doing a great job! You are such an inspiration. I'm very happy that you're my friend! :flowerforyou:
  • hollin40
    hollin40 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    YOU ROCK!!!!!!! SO happy to have you as a MFP friend. You are a true inspiration!!!!
  • jompeters
    jompeters Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to you, truly an inspiration. Keep going, you can do it. I'm finding this tool so easy to use and so helpful
  • echoica
    echoica Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    that's an amazing accomplishment and your body is thanking you for it! you must feel like a million bucks!!! great work! :bigsmile:
  • ChefTamiCinNC
    ChefTamiCinNC Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I am fast heading in the same direction but not the right one! I was just told to lose the weight or go on oral meds for diabetes! It's been about two weeks and I am rediscovering how to eat! Your story was just what I needed to hear! I will be 48 this October. I can easily see me heading down the heart attack road! Not sure how much I need/want to loose and the number is not so much my concern. I really just want to feel better. Thank you so much for sharing and allowing us to join your journey! Keep us posted!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!