belly fat

Options
i can't seem to get rid of my belly fat. last year i was 10 pounds lighter but gained it back (thank you knee surgery). I'm now exercising and doing sit ups etc.. but my belly is still FAT and i can't seem to lose any weight.. i am at the same weight for the last 4 weeks. i eat better than i have ever eaten.. exercise.. last year.. the first thing that went was my stomach and i would wake up with this nice hollow flat stomach.. now not even close.. im so frustrated. and to top things off.. my overweight, out of shape, husband feels it neccesary to give me dieting advice (while eating a HUGE bowl of icecream.. followed by some chips and a soda)..

grrrr.. any help would be great..

Replies

• douglasmobbs
    douglasmobbs Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    about how to spot reduce (you cant), or about your husband?
  • its_me_dave
    Options
    I know you cant spot reduce but I have the same problem...i'll be watching this thread too... and I have the same spousal problem O.o...
  • Fitness4Paul
    Fitness4Paul Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I'd say take your hubby's advice. Watch what he does do the opposite! Maybe try and get some strength training in your exercise routine. At some point fat must burn.
  • kathyrpa
    kathyrpa Posts: 26
    Options
    same problem here.... i burn calories from running ( I know do weights) Im starting that today lost 75 lbs took me two years but Ilove running.. but im lazy when it comes to weights... so im changing that! I upped my calories with healthy protein etc.... and guess what... 3 lbs heavier on scale this morning...... I hate it! im discourged again, but wont stop! so im going to follow this thread as well
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Small deficit, squats/lunges.. All will do more for your stomach, then sit-ups ever will!

All the sit-ups are doing is strengthening the muscle behind the fat.. which is awesome but pointless if you can't see it. I barely do ab work, just lift and eat a deficit and I'm starting to get a 6 pack.
  • karylee44
    karylee44 Posts: 892
    Options
    about how to spot reduce (you cant), or about your husband?

stomach.. :) I just started ripped in 30, and i do zumba at least 3 times a week.. walk 3-5 miles a day (when its not so darn cold.. )

husband just annoys the heck out of me, I have some ideas where he can go... (he had tacos from taco bell for breakfast.. ! really!!)
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    My waist started emerging after doing weights. I now have a NECK. I can definitely see a difference in only four kilos.
  • karylee44
    karylee44 Posts: 892
    Options
    i guess im really frustrated at the fact that i have platued. really.. i have 20-25 more pounds to lose.. at this rate ill be 90 when i get it off..
  • Ps633
    Ps633 Posts: 1
    Options
    This wont solve the problem by itself, but according to studies adding coconut oil to your diet (esp replacing butters and other hydrogenated oils with) helps in reducing specifically belly fat. I am currently implementing it into my daily diet and it does seem to be shooting my energy through the roof. If you do this, make sure its Extra Virgin and Cold-pressed if possible. Health food stores carry it and some grocery stores.

I'd suggest reading up on it :) And don't panic about the fat content until you read the research... Hope that helps!

http://altmedicine.about.com/od/coconutoil/a/Benefits-Of-Coconut-Oil.htm