Healthy Chicken Salad?

Options
I really love chicken salad. And I know it's pretty good for you minus the mayo. Does anyone have a really great tasting healthy recipe for chicken salad?

Replies

• GroupXZ
    GroupXZ Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    bump.
  • mckshowie
    mckshowie Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    i use fage 2% greek yogurt, lemon juice and dill for mine! and some other seasonings to taste, but the greek yogurt seems to do the trick.
  • momof3and3
    momof3and3 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    I don't have an actually recipe, but if you use plain 0% fat greek yogurt in place of may, it is a healthy alternative and tastes really good...

Add in a dash a vinegar ( or lemon juice), grapes, apple chuncks, celery...a little salt and pepper, chicken cubes of course...mix well...yummy!
  • chcoley
    chcoley Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I made some yesterday with low fat mayo, celery, onion, and a few spices (garlic powder, pepper, a little salt). I put just enough mayo in it for it to stick together.
  • amazon75
    amazon75 Posts: 165
    Options
    I made chicken salad earlier this week. I used fat free sour cream and light mayo, mustard, onion, egg, relish and black pepper.
  • kiwi1855
    kiwi1855 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I replace the mayo with the calorie wise kraft peppercorn ranch dressing. Adds a bit of flavour and cuts the cals (assuming you are using regular mayo) in half (approximately).

EDIT: cubed white meat chicken, pepper, about 0.5 tbsp of srirracha sauce, celery, bell pepper, cucumbers are other things that I add, depending on what is in the fridge. I have odd tastes.
  • zombilishious
    zombilishious Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    diced chicken, sliced grapes, celery, walnuts and a TBSP of mayo (just enough to make it stick).
  • AmyLRed
    AmyLRed Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    i have also used roasted red pepper hummus in place of mayo- its wonderful! :)
  • SweetSammie
    SweetSammie Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I usually replace half or more of the Mayo with Greek Yogurt. I use Spectrum Canola Mayo, which is thinner in consistency, which helps.

I have made tuna, egg and chicken salad this way.
  • NaniKaila
    Options
    I don't have an actually recipe, but if you use plain 0% fat greek yogurt in place of may, it is a healthy alternative and tastes really good...

Add in a dash a vinegar ( or lemon juice), grapes, apple chuncks, celery...a little salt and pepper, chicken cubes of course...mix well...yummy!

Greek yogurt is a great idea. I will have to try that! Thank you :)
  • alabamaworley89
    alabamaworley89 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I use Kraft Fat Free Miracle Whip instead of mayo. Only 15 Cal/TBSP. :)
  • citydwellers
    Options
    I just made some this week. I like to use Kraft Sandwich Spread 40 cal. per T. it's so good!! It's tangy. I use a couple of T. Sandwich Spread, 1 T. mustard, (to taste), grilled chicken breast chopped, chopped pear, and craisens. YUM-O!!
  • crazytreelady
    crazytreelady Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I really love chicken salad. And I know it's pretty good for you minus the mayo. Does anyone have a really great tasting healthy recipe for chicken salad?

I just use lightly grilled chicken breast, diced apples, a few raisins and the super light mayo... And a dash of pepper.
  • LuckyAng
    LuckyAng Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Bump :happy:
  • Larry0445
    Larry0445 Posts: 232
    Options
    Bump
  • Wendyerickson
    Wendyerickson Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    bump:)
  • brendafnp
    brendafnp Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Here's a Jillian Michaels recipe for Chicken Salad

16 oz of cooked, shredded, boneless, skinless chicken breasts
    1/4 cup chopped celery
    1/3 cup toasted, chopped pecans
    1 cup red seedless grapes, halved

Gently toss above ingredientts, then in a small bowl, mix the following dressing ingredients and pour over the chicken mixture and toss to coat.

1/3 cup fat free Greek yogurt
    1/8 tsp ground black pepper
    1 tsp honey
    1 tsp cider vinegar
    1/4 tsp salt

Makes 4 servings

Calories: 118.6 per serving
    Total fat: 5.1 grams
    Sodium: 93.8 mg
    Carbs: 5.6 grams
    Protein: 12.9 grams

I haven't made this yet but it sounds great!
  • t8tersalad
    t8tersalad Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Yummy ideas!