whats your cheat meal!?

Options
today i had my cheat meal for the week, i chose breakfast this week... pancakes and bacon w/ a glass of apple juice.
so, what's your next cheat meal gonna be?? and if you dont have cheat days wat do you do to reward yourself??

Replies

• ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member
    Options
    today i had my cheat meal for the week, i chose breakfast this week... pancakes and bacon w/ a glass of apple juice.
    so, what's your next cheat meal gonna be?? and if you dont have cheat days wat do you do to reward yourself??

Why did you call it a cheat meal? will it put you over your calories for the day?

If it fits your calories and your macros then eat it :)
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    Hmmm my last REAL cheat meal was at Red Lobster with my family. :) It was a special treat, I knew it was coming, so I planned not to worry at all about what I ate. I still recorded everything, but I didn't pre-plan it or worry about calories or anything. I had a rock lobster tail, grilled shrimp skewers, snow crab legs, stuffed mushrooms, 3 cheddar biscuits, a ceasar salad, unsweetened tea, key lime pie for dessert (2 pieces!) with some hot coffee, and yes I smothered everything with plenty of melted butter! :D

That "cheat" meal's stats:

2,750 calories 264g carbs 140g fat 79g protein 5,039mg sodium 592mg potassium

Yeah, so if I'm going to cheat, I make it worth my while for sure. XD
  • AmandaCaswell1982
    AmandaCaswell1982 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Hmmm my last REAL cheat meal was at Red Lobster with my family. :) It was a special treat, I knew it was coming, so I planned not to worry at all about what I ate. I still recorded everything, but I didn't pre-plan it or worry about calories or anything. I had a rock lobster tail, grilled shrimp skewers, snow crab legs, stuffed mushrooms, 3 cheddar biscuits, a ceasar salad, unsweetened tea, key lime pie for dessert (2 pieces!) with some hot coffee, and yes I smothered everything with plenty of melted butter! :D

That "cheat" meal's stats:

2,750 calories 264g carbs 140g fat 79g protein 5,039mg sodium 592mg potassium

Yeah, so if I'm going to cheat, I make it worth my while for sure. XD

You have me thinking of Red Lobster at 4:30 in the morning.... Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm......
  • lambertj
    lambertj Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    LOL, that's a cheat meal? Take a look at Saturdays in my diary, now that's a cheat meal (day). We did the whole Red Lobster Lobster Fest a few weeks ago, delicious and worth every minute at the gym earlier that day :) On my cheat day it's all day, no holds barred - mmmnn Ben & Jerry's
  • AmandaCaswell1982
    AmandaCaswell1982 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I'm more of a Saturday cheater myself. I love me some Saturdays!!! ;)
  • cookiesandjuice
    Options
    OMG, that red lobster sounds GREAT!!! I will loosen up with my "cheat meals" soon, since im just now getting back into the swing of my healthy lifestyle again i dont want to go too crazy...i mite relapse lol (i sound like a food addict) but yes after i prove to myself i can be consistant i will definitly go ALL OUT on my cheat meals!!!
  • lambertj
    lambertj Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    To help with any guilt you might have (I have LOL) I work out early morning Saturday's and attempt the ultimate burn, then I eat all those plus my regular 1500 - the scale does go up on Sunday and Monday a bit but comes back down by Tuesday. What we are doing have got to be sustainable for the long haul, by allowing a cheat day I take all those foods during the week that I crave and tell myself I can have them but not until Saturday - it really does help mentally. Right back on the healthy eating wagon on Sunday.
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    This weekend will be:

-A bowl of frosties or two
    -Tortilla chips with tomato salsa and a little low fat cheese
    -Plate of pasta, tomato pasta sauce and chorizo
    -2 syrup sponges and custard
    -2 cookies
    -2 twinkies
    -Skittles

Basically lots of carbs to refill glycogen stores and help me with energy whilst putting no fat on as I'm depleted of glycogen due to the weeks diet. Low fats as fat is used just as fat or energy. Protein will be looked after by rest of days diet.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    A cheat meal for me is usually either a cheeseburger, although yesterday I had the opportunity, a opted for a veggie burger with a whole wheat bun. :-), or pancakes.
  • aehartley
    aehartley Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Sushi and 2 glasses of wine... every week :-)
  • kissesfromkrista
    Options
    I ate Mexican last night. :/ I think my next cheat meal will be sushi! :)
  • carrie_eggo
    carrie_eggo Posts: 1,396 Member
    Options
    Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Sundae. 900 glorious calories.
  • carrietehbear
    carrietehbear Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Chick-fil-a once a month. I don't get a huge meal like I used to and I still count the calories. But I get the sweet tea, it's the only time I don't opt for water.
  • kking76
    kking76 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    BBQ boneless wings, an order of fried pickles and potato wedges from Buffalo Wild Wings. All dipped in Ranch dressing. Yum.
    Good thing we don't go very often. :)
  • LilacDreamer
    LilacDreamer Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    i havent had a cheat in a month or more...but i really want to go to olive garden and get portobella raviolis (and salad, breadsticks and alfredo dipping sauce)
  • lbigham1
    lbigham1 Posts: 132
    Options
    Conan's deep dish pizza (one slice) and a beer or two. :-) Mmmm! Mmmm!
  • Myles_D23
    Myles_D23 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Taco Bell and a root beer float. Mmmmmm. Is it Sunday yet??
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    I don't "cheat" but if I "indulge" I make sure I still stay within my goals. Cheating makes no sense to me-why ruin all my hard work? To reward myself-I look in the mirror with pride and respect for myself.
  • coconutbuNZ
    coconutbuNZ Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    oh I just love a home cooked roast dinner, roast pork, potato, kumara, pumpkin, veg, gravy, applesauce, crackling, the works. For dessert - something chocolately and rich, with cream!
  • HealthyBodySickMind
    HealthyBodySickMind Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    i don't have cheat meals, i just have meals. benefits of not being on a diet.