P90x pros :)

Options
Hi I have searched a few threads about P90x but didn't see anything on this topic

can someone tell me if you need alot of equipment for this??
i dont want to look into it if i need a bunch of stuff on top of the program...

i have weights, resistance bands, a mat, and also i live on the 3rd floor of an apartment so i can't really do much jumping around,

thanks!

PG:flowerforyou:

Replies

• Tinker73
    Tinker73 Posts: 45
    Options
    you need a chin up bar,resistance bands and weights
  • dwnjjugalette
    Options
    My mom uses P90X and i think she just ordered the stuff they recommend on the website and that was it. She uses a chair for balance, and i see her using free weights, but that is about it. Good luck, that program is Rough, but it really WORKS!
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    You'll need a chin-up bar, weights or resistance bands, and some hard work! :bigsmile: It looks like you already have the weights so a chin-up bar (BB makes one that just slides into the door frame, I love it!).

Let me know if you have any questions, I've used the program for over 3 yrs now w/ great results along w/ my dh! :bigsmile:

Jess
  • Magenta15
    Magenta15 Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    You'll need a chin-up bar, weights or resistance bands, and some hard work! :bigsmile: It looks like you already have the weights so a chin-up bar (BB makes one that just slides into the door frame, I love it!).

Let me know if you have any questions, I've used the program for over 3 yrs now w/ great results along w/ my dh! :bigsmile:

Jess

those things are scary, what is the weight limit on those so i dont go crashing to the floor? LOL
  • shavasana
    shavasana Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Don't be scared off. There are plenty of modifications built into the workout so you can build up your stamina and strength. YOU CAN DO IT.

The third floor apartment might be a problem though, especially when you are doing plyometrics. LOTS of jumping around on that one. You may want to do the modified step through options instead of the jumping for a while just to keep the neighbors happy. Unless...you can work out a time with them that will not create any friction.

Go for it. Its a great program. I have done it 2x.
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Well, my dh started at close to 200# and we've never had a problem with it!!
  • Magenta15
    Options
    LOL well ok then, lets see if i can get my hands on it with out spending a load... :laugh:
  • melkman
    melkman Posts: 12
    Options
    you don't really need a chin up bar. they show you ways to use the resistance bands instead. i would recommend a good variety of bands though.
  • kblu0816
    kblu0816 Posts: 1,627 Member
    Options
    ok I do the P90X on occasion. I'm one of those people who gets bored real easily with videos so I have liek a rotation of videos to do. But the worst but funniest thing happened while Iwas doing a video a couple days ago. My bands BROKE!!! Well first the medium size broke, then I moved to the small one and just wrapped it a couple of times....then that broke!!! Now I'm down to one...the large one which is the larrger resistance of course so I can't even use it..How funny is that??? Luckily they didn't break in my face or anything but it was soo funny at the time....just thought I'd share
  • singfree
    singfree Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    For my money, NOTHING beats a real pullup bar. You've heard the phrase "pull your own weight"...well, this is what a pullup bar makes you do!! It's not easy, in fact it's really hard in the beginning. You are taught how to do "assisted" pullups, gradually working your way up to the real thing. You will be amazed at the strength you gain by using this piece of equipment.
  • Magenta15
    Options
    thank you!
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    For my money, NOTHING beats a real pullup bar. You've heard the phrase "pull your own weight"...well, this is what a pullup bar makes you do!! It's not easy, in fact it's really hard in the beginning. You are taught how to do "assisted" pullups, gradually working your way up to the real thing. You will be amazed at the strength you gain by using this piece of equipment.

Amen! I totally agree with this. Tony shows you how to modify. That is what I did to start with... I used the chair to push myself up over the bar and then would lower myself back down (even that is tough to do!). Over time I would use the chair less and less until I could do them unassisted. Now I do them everywhere, I love going to the park and doing chinups on the monkey bars w/ my kids. :laugh: