Implant?

Options
Okay guys so i have the contraceptive implant in my arm, ive heard stories that it can make you gain weight and impossible to lose weight? has anyone had any experience with this?

Replies

• ball858
    ball858 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I have had my implant for 4 years and managed to lose weight on 2 separate occasions.

It's not the implant that makes you gain weight - its your lifestyle
  • StarryEyed500
    StarryEyed500 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I just had mine out for that very reason. On day 5 now so not quite sure how it's affecting me but I do know I was at 69kg for a month and now I'm at 68.8!
  • Pawsntails
    Pawsntails Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I have it and weight wise it hasn't affected me so don't worry it probably only hinders a very small amount and even then it would just make it a bit harder not impossible
  • secoke
    secoke Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I've worked in reproductive health for a long time. The only contraception that has been clinically proven to have women gain weight is Depo-Provera (the shot). Implanon, like the Mirena IUD and other forms of hormonal birth control can sometimes make people feel like they are more hungry so they eat more or gain a slight amount of water weight (as in half a pound). The number of women who gained weight on Implanon has been proven to be no more than those women who were given a placebo. That being said, I hope it works for you! With no chance of user error and a high efficacy rate it is a great form of birth control (at least in my opinion ;) )
  • Vegetablearian
    Vegetablearian Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I have one and yes I get more hungry on contraceptives full stop

but I can lose weight on the implant no bother
  • thesargar
    Options
    You know what really makes you gain weight? Getting pregnant. I speak from experience. I say keep the implant and work a bit harder on your exercise, eat more healthy foods and drink lots of water. Sex is great exercise, too! ;)
  • oxzoeee
    oxzoeee Posts: 6
    Options
    I was on the implant for 3 years, that's where all my weight came from. When I had it fitted I was 9 stone, by the time I got it out I was 10 stone. I did join the gym and managed to lose a bit of weight but I put it all back on. I'm on cerazette pill now & stil lhave problems with my weight.
  • natgirl1
    natgirl1 Posts: 4
    Options
    Thanks guys :) yeah it seems to make me starving but at night time! very weird but i try sleep through it haha At least i know it is possible to lose weight on it :) thank youuu x