p90x... Are You Crazy??? That's INSANE!!!

Options
Ok so I have tried it today... and guess what, just the stretching was enough for me! Does this mean I have failed? If I can't keep up even at the stretching part, what makes you think I can do the rest? GRR! Times like this I would have already given it all up...BUT, should I stick with it for the sake of myself? I admire all P90X users!

Replies

• OvOv
    OvOv Posts: 50
    Options
    Hey...just keep going, of course you should stick with it!

Starting a programme is always the hardest bit, but once you overcome that hurdle it's all downhill from there.

You should set yourself some small targets and try and achieve them each session; even if it's only with the stretching part. That way you will have something to aim for each session...then keep increasing your targets and before you know it, you'll be off! :)
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    Just do your best. Even if you can't completely finish each routine, just keep modifying and working around it. Gradually over time, you should start to improve more and more.
  • secoke
    secoke Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    You're doing better than me, I'm too afraid to buy it!

I do agree though. Just try to set small targets in the beginning and work your way up. Maybe conquer the stretching one first or 30 minutes of the DVDs, then you can work your way up to doing the full program. Best of luck!
  • tiffanypardus
    Options
    Today is my last day of week 3. It is hard but so worth it. I really hope I see great results
  • Sharonab123
    Options
    That is how I felt weeks ago. Now I can't believe that I can make it through some of the DVD's. To quote Tony ~ "Do your best and forget the rest." It will get better!
  • OvOv
    OvOv Posts: 50
    Options
    Also, if you can, try and do it with a buddy...even if it's someone online.

I have always found that's the best way to get motivated.
  • _HeathBar_
    _HeathBar_ Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    I used to feel that way, but after using P90X off and on for over a year I find most of the DVD's to be too easy. I barely break a sweat on the cardio ones now. I just use them for strength training.

This is going to sound incredibly cliche but, just do your best. You'll be happy you didn't give up a couple months from now.
  • Chubbud1
    Chubbud1 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Check out and add CoachXanthia as a friend. She's total motivation for me!
  • Stepmom1
    Stepmom1 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Ok so I have tried it today... and guess what, just the stretching was enough for me! Does this mean I have failed? If I can't keep up even at the stretching part, what makes you think I can do the rest? GRR! Times like this I would have already given it all up...BUT, should I stick with it for the sake of myself? I admire all P90X users!

Yes... I am sure you can... There is a modifier in the video that you can follow while you learn the exercises. You can take your time and concentrate on proper form and quality repetitions. You will still make gains that way.

Give it a try, dear! You may surprise yourself. :wink:
  • Wen37
    Wen37 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    It is so worth it! I love P90X and have seen major changes in my body. Just go at your own pace and it will get easier :)
  • freezerburn2012
    freezerburn2012 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Keep pushing play.
    Do your best and forget the rest.
    (Insert other Tony-isms here)

Just keep at it. How else are you going to improve? Think of it this way. The next 90 days are going to pass by no matter what. You might as well come out stronger at the other end. If you don't do the program, in 90 days, you'll still be where you are right now.
  • chunkamonk2012
    Options
    I feel the same way my husband and I have it and I find it difficult to do the hour long workouts right now. I just purchased the 30 Day Shred by Jillian Michaels and am currently doing that because the workouts are 27 minutes that is with warm up and cool down, and it makes you sweat no matter what! Good luck to you in your journey!
  • alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Stick to it and u will be amazed at how strong u become. I too was also scared or intimidated and had a hard time keeping up. Now I can't get enough of doing the workouts.
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    If you keep doing it at your level and see progress then it's a success. I've done it twice and I still can't do everything with the intensity that they do BUT I can do the workouts better than I could when I started and that's what counts. Modify what you need to and if there is something you just can't do then sub something else. When I started I couldn't do anything that had me jumping so obviously I skipped the plyometrics dvd. Then after I built up some strength I started doing it but I didn't jump, just kind of bounced. Now it's my favorite workout! The physical progress I made in being able to do it has been great (especially since I do Taekwondo) but the mental aspect of conquering that workout has been phenomenal!
  • wolfehound22
    Options
    I actually just finished the full 90 days today, and i loved it. Here is my advice, stick with it. Yes its hard, but dont worry about keeping up, just do what u can. Do pushups on your knees, use a chair to help with pullups or get resistance bands, and keep the jumping and your speed lower at first. After a couple workouts youll figure it out. Also maybe just do the first 30 min for a few weeks, and work your way up to the full thing. You also can pause it whenever u need a break, thats the beauty of the program, u mosify it to your needs. Just keep at it, and in 90 days u can come back and get a smile from this post.
  • supermom2002
    supermom2002 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Just keep going. You might not be able to do as many reps or as fast as they are but stick with it and you will love how strong you will become.

I've done 3 rounds. I just did the Chest and Back routine for the first time in 3 months last week...i couldn't move my arms for 3 days. and i had to break down and do girly pushups half way through. LOVE IT.
  • SimplyShanRunning
    SimplyShanRunning Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    Ive been through it once and will restart it again probably in the fall when it gets darker outside

Don't giveup!! Just do a little more each day.
  • guamSUPERgirl90
    Options
    First of all, THANK YOU ALL. So what I did was take a walk instead. (flipped off the player and went outside) . This morning I flipped it on, watched it, replayed it, then got in it. *WHEW* What A WORKOUT?! looking forward to day 2 . WHO WANTS A P90X CAM BUDDY??? (+10 guam time)