NSV - a vist to the doctor

Options
diver71_au
diver71_au Posts: 424 Member
For almost my entire adult life I have been suffering hypertension and moderate hypercholesteroleamia but neither quite bad enough for medication

Today I had to go to the doctor to get results of my recent blood tests.

Apart from being told that I definitely do not have HIV or syphilis (phew was worried about that one) I got congratulated by my doctor on the weight/health improvements. It seems that for the first time in (at least) the last 11 years my cholesterol is now within acceptable levels and my BP is as low as it has ever been (132/79) which when you consider I have been diagnosed as being white coat hypertensive is even more impressive.

Made the minor victories of the morning (breaking through the 20kg loss mark) secondary

Replies

• mamabear272
    mamabear272 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Good job! Thank goodness you don't have to go on meds now for the health issues!
  • oouurr__aayylleeyycan
    Options
    That's excellent news! Congratulations all round for both the health improvements and hitting the 20kg mark!!
  • Jweb8969
    Jweb8969 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    YAY!! good for you!! :) i also have hypertension and my doctor suggested that weight loss surgery was probably my only remaining option at this point to lose weight . . . sooooo i joined mfp and made some changes
    > i really, really, really want to prove her wrong!! so, thanks for posting this - it's very motivational for me - and AWESOME for you!! :flowerforyou:
  • happyjoyousfree1
    happyjoyousfree1 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Diver, What a great feeling to be told by your doctor that you've done something good for yourself. I applaud your success!
    Many more to come I'm sure,
    Elle
  • bperry83
    bperry83 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    WONDERFUL!!! keep up the good work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!