bodybugg, bodymedia, or fitbit

Options
angbieb
angbieb Posts: 692 Member
Trying to decide which one is best....how much do you pay monthly? What are the pros and cons?
Any info. would be greatly appreciated!!
:heart: angie

Replies

• Cwilliams8676
    Cwilliams8676 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I decided on the body media Its 10 per month I wanted to be able to track my sleep calories and steps I think body media is the only one that does all of this Plus JM recommends body media too :)
  • xx_donna_xx
    xx_donna_xx Posts: 144
    Options
    What is this?
  • tabinmaine
    tabinmaine Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    I am interested in knowing this too !!
  • myboysmomx2
    myboysmomx2 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    I have the fitbit, 0 a month unless you want the preferred membership that adds reporting. It tracks steps, flights of stairs and sleep and it also synchs with MFP. I love it.
  • TwtyMami35
    Options
    I have a FitBit. It works very well with MFP. I use it all the time, even during sleep. It tracks all exercises and sedentary calories being burned. It even leaves messages for motivational purposes.
  • PitBullMom_Liz
    PitBullMom_Liz Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Fitbit is $99 to buy and has no monthly fee. It tracks sleep, calories, activity levels, steps, mileage, flights of stairs, etc. It's fantastic and very worth the money.
  • chefswife07
    chefswife07 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I have a fitbit, too. Love it!
  • tonilizzy88
    tonilizzy88 Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    i want a fitbit but cant afford one :sad:
  • Peta22
    Peta22 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I have the fitbit ultra too... I agree with everyone above - I love it! :)
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options
    I have a body media. I bought this before MFP started syncing with Fitbit. Probably if I had to do it over again I'd use Fitbit because of MFP.

However, the bodymedia gives a very accurate account of total calories burned--more accurate than Fitbit (is my understanding). It's the same thing as Bodybugg. Bodybugg is biggest loser's brand.

My only complaint is that you have to wear it on your arm, so unless you have on baggy sleeves, everyone knows you are wearing it.
  • gooseafur
    gooseafur Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I have the fitbit, 0 a month unless you want the preferred membership that adds reporting. It tracks steps, flights of stairs and sleep and it also synchs with MFP. I love it.

So to hook it up with MFP....that is extra fee?? How much??
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options

So to hook it up with MFP....that is extra fee?? How much??

No extra fee. :-)
  • Donnacoach
    Donnacoach Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    My mind is telling me that I have GOT to buy a fitbit!!!
  • getsveltEagain
    getsveltEagain Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    I have the bodybugg (larger than the bodymedia) and I really like it. It straps onto my upper arm and I forget about it. I don't have to hit any buttons and it tracks everything I do. I have a very accurate picture of what I do in 24hrs. It is a bit price so I might suggest the bodymedia since it is a little cheaper. It doesn't sync with MFP but I just use it like a HRM to add exercise :wink:
  • gooseafur
    gooseafur Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    THANKS!! Been wanting to get one....finally this weekend!!! YAY!!
  • LordBezoar
    LordBezoar Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    DW & I both have FitBits, she did some major research before getting one and the fact that FitBit doesn't have a monthly charge and it syncs with MFP are huge bonuses.
  • twilighttabby
    twilighttabby Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I have a Fitbit and LOVE IT!!!! It has helped me a lot with my weight lost so far.
  • BeachyBecky
    BeachyBecky Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Love my fitbit!
  • sco8462
    sco8462 Posts: 34
    Options
    I have the fitbit and love it so much I bought one for my cousin, which she then lost (they are small). I looked, and I found a replacement for $30 on Craigslist. Amazon sells them for $89.

It has really made me move around more. I like that I walk enough stairs to = the world's tallest pencil, the statue of liberty, etc. I even park further away from the office to get extra points and work hard to be the one in my group with the most steps. Huge fan of fitbit. Plus, no fee after. They are also coming out with a wireless scale later this year that tracks everything including your water mass (or something along those lines) and sends it directly to the interwebs so you can track it and analyze the information.