Supplements

Options
What are some of the supplements that you swear by and take religiously? I'm trying to see if there are somethings that I should be adding to my daily intake that I've never thought of before.

Replies

• LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    I have flaxseed oil, but I never take them! I keep forgetting. This weekend I'm actually buying raspberry keytones and white bean extract.
  • Altruista75
    Altruista75 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I actually take raspberry ketones & white bean extract! I've also incorporated 7-keto & b-12 but trying to see if I should be taking something else.
  • Sl1ghtly
    Sl1ghtly Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Hersheys chocolate syrup, cherry koolaid, pudding cups, bananas, string cheese, whole milk, and beef jerky.
  • PepeGreggerton
    PepeGreggerton Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    caffeine, so I don't murder my co-workers.
  • rachelhohenbrink
    rachelhohenbrink Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Extra virgin coconut oil in my smoothie, shelled hemp seeds, flax oil & probiotics. I think supplements are ridiculous and I prefer the natural methods. I think if it wasn't created by God you probably shouldn't eat it. Someone is making millions off of all these supplements. That's just my opinion though, to each their own.
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Hersheys chocolate syrup, cherry koolaid, pudding cups, bananas, string cheese, whole milk, and beef jerky.

LOL

I take omega 3 in gel caps.
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    One a day active metabolism.
  • loombeav
    loombeav Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    The only think I take is Juice Plus+. Although I need to have my Vit D levels checked and will probably start taking that again.
  • Punkedpoetess
    Punkedpoetess Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    caffeine, so I don't murder my co-workers.

^^ This. I also take an iron pill daily since I am anemic and a multivitamin. Works for me.
  • eriemer
    eriemer Posts: 197
    Options
    I take Calcuim with vit D 600/400, Vit D 1000mg, Fish oil 1000mg, baby asprin, and a Multvit in the morning.

2 grm Fiber with each meal (pill form), Just started taking CLA 1000mg switching to 1250 with each meal soon (purchased a diffrent brand)

I love this new suppliment I just started over a wk ago- It's called KetoBerry made by Biioprosper Labs, LLC
    A serving (2 tabs) contains 300mg Raspberry Ketones, 200mg Green Tea, 100 mg Caffeine (less than 1 cup coffee), 600mg Blend of Apple Cider Vinegar, Grapefruit, Kelp, Acai, African Mango, and Resveratrol. All of these ingreadents have been featured on the Dr Oz show at one point of another to help you lose weight. I take one with Brkfst and one with lunch to avoid getting the caffiene buzz.

I have noticed more energy, less stress, and have also been noticing less belly fat in the last two weeks since starting Ketoberry and CLA. I have lost about an inch in my waist since starting them, still around the same weight.

You do have to do your part too, diet and exercise. Taking suppliments is not a mircle cure.

Good Luck.
  • Sl1ghtly
    Sl1ghtly Posts: 855 Member
    Options

LOL

I take omega 3 in gel caps.

Why is that funny?
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    Got a pad and paper? I am a serious vitahaulic and since taking all that I take religiously I can honestly say that I don't get sick as often and when I do it doesn't last more than a couple of days. With that said I take:

Omega 3 - (2 breakfast 2 dinner)
    Multi vitamin - (3 1x/day; 1 2x/day. On the 1x per day I have special vitamins that are designed for me that I take 5 of at noon and dinner)
    Calcium (5 - bedtime)
    Vitamin D - about 7,000 IU's /day (1 break/1 noon/1 dinner)
    Super Booster (1 break
    Endothelial defense (2 break)
    Low dose aspirin (1 break)
    DHEA (2 am)
    Blueberry & pomegranate (1 bedtime)
    CoQ10 (1 break)
    Vitamin C (1 break)
    Rhodillia extract (1 break
    Gelatin (2 4x/day)
    Cranberry pills (2 3x/day)
    Hair, skin and nail pills (3 2x/day)
    Intense Hair (1 2x/day)
    Super Biocurcumin (1 lunch)
    Super Xanathin (for the eyes 1 bedtime)
    5-lox inhibitor (something to do with inhibiting carb ingestion - 1 dinner)
    Liver Efficiency (1 dinner)
    PPQ (1 dinner)
    Benfotiamine (2 lunch)
    Calorie Restrict (noon and night)
    Berry complete (1 lunch)

I think that just about covers it LOL! We also have other pills and a drink that we take before our largest meals that's supposed to inhibit the absorption of carbs and some fats.
  • SweetSammie
    SweetSammie Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I take a prenatal vitamin (since we're 'trying') in the morning and Cod Liver Oil, and Calcium with D3(in the evening). If I feel tired I'll take B12... If I feel sniffly, vitamin C.

Oh, and I take either Melatonin or Valerian root to help me sleep. I'm a little bit insomniac.
  • m16shane
    m16shane Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Got a pad and paper? I am a serious vitahaulic and since taking all that I take religiously I can honestly say that I don't get sick as often and when I do it doesn't last more than a couple of days. With that said I take:

Multi vitamin - (3 1x/day; 1 2x/day. On the 1x per day I have special vitamins that are designed for me that I take 5 of at noon and dinner)
    Calcium (5 - bedtime)
    Super Booster (1 break
    DHEA (2 am)
    CoQ10 (1 break)
    Vitamin C (1 break)
    Gelatin (2 4x/day)
    Intense Hair (1 2x/day)
    PPQ (1 dinner)
    Benfotiamine (2 lunch)
    Berry complete (1 lunch)

I think that just about covers it LOL! We also have other pills and a drink that we take before our largest meals that's supposed to inhibit the absorption of carbs and some fats.

WOW! I can barely remember to feed the dog. How do you keep track?
  • Ralstonk2
    Ralstonk2 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    As someone else mentioned, I am also a vitamin alcoholic! LOL I take every morning:

D3, Iron, B complex, B12, Flaxseed, Tonalin CLA, multi vitamin, E, Cinnamon, hair nail and skin vitamin and Cayenne pepper.

Yulp. That's pretty much it I think. I used to take fish oil but I started burping up fish and I was gagging so I stopped it. Wish I could find one that didn't do that. :(
  • Aviation21
    Aviation21 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Extra virgin coconut oil in my smoothie, shelled hemp seeds, flax oil & probiotics. I think supplements are ridiculous and I prefer the natural methods. I think if it wasn't created by God you probably shouldn't eat it. Someone is making millions off of all these supplements. That's just my opinion though, to each their own.

You said it Sista!

I totally believe it! Wouldn't it be cool if we could eat like people did 200 years ago... oh yea! That's called organic food now! :wink:
  • nevaeh1984
    Options
    Calcium (5 - bedtime)
    Super Booster (1 break
    DHEA (2 am)
    CoQ10 (1 break)
    Vitamin C (1 break)
    Gelatin (2 4x/day)
    Intense Hair (1 2x/day)
    PPQ (1 dinner)
    Benfotiamine (2 lunch)
    Berry complete (1 lunch)

:O And I thought I was taking a few...

I take a multivitamin, MSM, Collagen 1 & 3 and Hyaluronic Acid. I have Tonalin CLA but I don't usually remember to take it with meals... I'll get into bee pollen soon I hope.
  • mabennett
    mabennett Posts: 53
    Options
    i make a smoothie with chia seeds and brewers yeast, take moringa and raspberry ketones twice a day, and 5HTP at night to sleep
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    High quality fish-oil, Vitamin D3, Vitamin B-12, and a multivitamin. These are a must! I also take magnesium at night (too many prescription pills in the morning already!), with another dose of all the other supplements.
  • LJC44
    LJC44 Posts: 221
    Options
    Multi V
    Fish Oil
    Vitamin D
    Lysine (for skin and lips)

I also use a scoop of Whey after I workout and Flaxseed in the morning mixed with my oatmeal.