Starting the 30DS and Doing it a Little Different

Options
I did the 30DS for about 20 days at the beginning of March. When I reached level 2, I HATED it! I skipped it and went on to level 3.
My plan this time is to do level 1 for 15 days and level 3 for 15 days. At least I'm doing it, right? Has anyone else done this?
Also, after the 30DS, what is the best Jillian Michaels follow-up DVD?

Replies

• Lauren8239
    Lauren8239 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Better 2 levels than none.
    Another excellent dvd of hers is Banish the Fat, Boost the Metabolism. Very good workout, and you will sweat. Well worth it though.
  • rower75
    rower75 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I did the 30DS in March as well and never did make it to level 3. I did however, lose 4 inches overall and 3.6 pounds. Now I am continuing to rotate between level 1 and level 2. But hey, I say whatever works for you!
  • FrecklesMo
    FrecklesMo Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Wooow!!! Is the 30ds really that intense??
  • butterfly10398
    Options
    I personally like the ripped in 30, but it is a LOT MORE intense than the 30 day shred...
  • traci2612
    traci2612 Posts: 40
    Options
    I finished 30ds and I am on my last week of ripped in 30. It is like 30ds on crack!! After I am done with it, I am starting six week six pack. Feel free to add me if you need someone to vent about Jillian with!!
  • CnocNaCu
    CnocNaCu Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Another excellent dvd of hers is Banish the Fat, Boost the Metabolism. Very good workout, and you will sweat. Well worth it though.

^^ this
    I love BFBM and another good one is No more trouble zones. I mix BFBM, NMTZ with Killer buns and thighs (also JM) and I love it, love it, love it.
    I'm over 50 and have had great results with mixing up JM dvds and running
    I hated level 2 (30DS) too. I did it every now and then but not really often. Level 3 is much better
    Good luck:flowerforyou:
  • still_crafty
    still_crafty Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    I've been doing 30DS for 14 days now. I like level 2 but am about 50/50 on following Natalie vs. Anita. I can't do the jumps in plank position or the pendulum lunges (my knees just won't take it) so I do the step moves in plank position that Anita does and I do regular squats intead of the pendulum lunges. Even modified I am getting a good calorie burn and seeing results in my shape. I'm going to do Ripped in 30 after level 3. Another poster said that the moves were lower impact if you had bad knees but still reaped good results. I'm going to borrow it from my library and watch it first before I buy it though just to see if my knees are gonna take a beating or not.
  • Michelle_Nicole
    Michelle_Nicole Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Some good DVDs after the shred are Ripped in 30, No More Trouble Zones and Killer Buns and Thighs. I have done most of her dvds and they are awesome! Not uch of a fan of the 30 day shred anymore, i think that the other ones are much tougher than the shred but thats just me!
  • Lrt4uk
    Lrt4uk Posts: 174
    Options
    I did 30ds and hated level 2 as well, I did it, but hated it. I'm now doing the banish fat, boost metabolism every other day, with 30ds level 1 or 3, on the days I'm not doing bfbm. BFBM is a great cardio, I just like to mix it up with a little strength thats in 30ds.
  • CynthiaCollin
    CynthiaCollin Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    My hubby and I started the 30 Day Shred this week. We are on Level 1 Day 5....so far so good.... I have already done The Shred Level 1 and 2 but had an injury that prevented me from moving on to Level 3.

Level 2 is hard, but do-able....I just had to push myself harder....I am not really comfortable doing all those plank position moves....but as the week moved on it got easier....It is like when I started Level1 ....I could barely do 5 push ups.... but now I can do 20....because I didn`t give up....I want to do all three Levels each a week ... I don`t want to cheat and I really want to get the full results of completing the 30DS.

So now I am starting from the beginning. I like the Shred and look forward to finishing the DVD so I can go out and buy a new one...

Not a big fan of Jillian but I think her workouts are awesome and effective but she can be annoying to listen to....so I pump up the music and do the workout.
  • MaryPhillips90
    MaryPhillips90 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Wooow!!! Is the 30ds really that intense??

I really don't think it is intense. I mean, it gets the job done! Level 2 just got to me and I decided to skip it. Level 3 is a lot of fun, though. The time flies by.
    This is now the third time starting it. The first time I only lasted 10 days because I wasn't as serious as I am now about losing weight. But I lost 7lbs! Whaaaat?
    The second time was at the beginning of March when I found out I was going to Key Largo, FL. I did that for only 20 days and lost an addition 5 lbs!
    Third time is a charm! I'm hoping to lose the 9lbs I need to lose and be at my goal before my birthday- April 29th!

Feel free to add me, anyone!
  • Mom2M_and_O
    Mom2M_and_O Posts: 214
    Options

How is BFBM different from 30DS?
  • Kittie_Kat
    Kittie_Kat Posts: 101
    Options
    I actually didnt mind level 2, but anyways, I didn't do level 1 because it was too easy for me, so I'm doing level 2 for 15 days and level 3 for 15 days. Currentyl on level 3 day 3
  • Michelle_Nicole
    Michelle_Nicole Posts: 95 Member
    Options

How is BFBM different from 30DS?

BFBM is about 50 minutes long as opposed to the 20-30 minutes of 30ds. It is 7 circuits with 5 moves per circuit, no weights involved it is mostly cardio and kick boxing, def a great workout!
  • rbn_held
    rbn_held Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I did level 1 for 10 days and then prgoressed to level 2 but had a hard time with the planks due to a shoulder injury so I have gone back to level one for the time being. May watch level three and see if my should can withstand that. I am getting a little bored with level 1
  • EmRobo
    EmRobo Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I am on day 5 of level one on 30 day shred, so don't know what the other two levels are like yet.

I am wondering when to move on, I used to do workouts similar a year ago, but no longer that fit. I am aching quite a bit and find exercising the next day on the aches tough but I push through them.

Thanks for all the info on the next dvd's as that was my next question, do I do 30DS again or something else
  • scntst
    scntst Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    i just finished the 30D shred on Wednesday and I did do the level 1 for 10 days; 2 for 10 days and 3 for 10 days. I hated the 2nd one. I actually found the 3rd one easier, though more intense, than the 2nd one. If I had to do it again, I might do longer 1 and longer 3 and maybe just a couple of 2s for good measure.

I'm wondering what to start on next. Sounds like the Ripped in 30 might be good.
  • shaycat
    shaycat Posts: 980
    Options
    I think you sound ready to try something new.
    I think Ripped in 30 is a good follow up to 30dd
    6 week 6 pack is my favorite JM dvd, but it is a little bit harder.
    I am a big into switching up your workouts to get better results. So yes 15 days of two levels is better than nothing, but trying something new might be even better.