Losing weight to prepare for pregnancy

Options
hello everyone! I started MFP about 50 days ago and during my first days i posted a similar topic on the message boards and received enormous responses so i figured i would send out an open invitation again especially to the new comers.
I will be graduating with my degree in marine biology in may and after that it is baby making time!!! I need to lose a bit more weight beforehand to reduce risks during pregnancy. I have lost 15 lbs so far and hope to lose at least another before we start trying.
If you are in a similar boat and need some support to continue your weight loss journey or if you are just starting out go ahead and add me but please leave a message along with the add!
Good luck on your journey to great health and best of luck on your baby endeavors!

Replies

• megcc
    megcc Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I'm in, I've lost my baby weight from my first daughter 18 months later but we're starting to talk about having another and I'd like to be at my best weight before then!
    I'm hoping for a vaginal birth after c-section (dd was breech) and being at a better weight will help!
  • 4evershika
    Options
    I am currently on a weightloss journey and one of the biggest contributors was the fact that I am planning on having children in the next 3-5 years; I want to get my body in the best possible shape (and try to keep in shape as much as possible while pregnant). I will gladly add you!
  • Remi79
    Remi79 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I gained 60 pounds with my daugher, who is now 3 1/2. I lost 30 of it right away, but gained it all back again. I went off the pill a month ago, and we are in the process of trying to get pregnant. However, I am still way overweight and am trying to lose the weight again. Ideally I would like to get pregnant in the next 3 months. I had just posted a topic on Wednesday about period-like cramps and people mostly said it's probably ovulation pain and we did the deed that afternoon :blushing: , so we'll see in a month if anything happened! :happy:
    Good luck to you all! Sending friend requests! :flowerforyou:
  • Tami113
    Tami113 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Way for baby making! I stopped the pill in january, the doc told me to stop a few months before we start TTC. My last fi al is may 17 and the week after is my estimated ovulation :-) i hope to get pregnant right away. I know i won't lose another 40 pounds in 2 months but i will continue to lose as much as possible and stay on MFP while pregnant to be more accountable for what i am eating and hopefully it will be easier to lose the weight after having the baby(ies)
    Thanks for the add ladies! Let's do this for the kids!!!!!
  • Tami113
    Tami113 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I of course mean YAY!
  • Remi79
    Remi79 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    For my first pregnancy, I quit the pill November 1, we got pregnant around January 20. I know it's different for everyone though.
  • jennamcintire1
    Options
    I am a proud mommy of 2 wonderful boys! I gained 80lbs w/ my first and lost 30lbs after having him. I only gained 25lbs w/ my second son, but I hadn't lost all of it yet from my first prenancy so my end result was pretty much the same. My husband and I are trying for our third child (hoping for a girl, but will be excited either way) and I want to get back in shape before getting pregnant again. We are trying now so if I do get prego soon then I will continue trying to get in shape and eat healthier this time around. I could def use the support!