Anyone use Crazy Fit Vibro Plate

Alimummy07
Alimummy07 Posts: 5 Member
edited September 20 in Fitness and Exercise
Hi I have just joined this site and find the food diary and calorie count brill. I am allowed 1200 calories a day and have to burn 950 a week. I have one of these machines and burn about 500 a day on it. I dont do much other exercise. Does this count?

Replies

• Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Not heard of it.
    What is it?
    Do you have a link? (I'm "too busy" at work to google it but not "too busy" to post here. Sheesh! I am a piece of work.:laugh: )
  • SamiRose
    SamiRose Posts: 118 Member
    to be honest...I don't think that machine is enough. I'd recommend adding some other cardio with it. occasionally run, or bike or walk perhaps. That machine works you, you don't work it...?

In all reality, that machine could count as some exercise, but it's more of a theraputic, and rehabilitaive type of device.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    If you like it, keep doing it.

I think of it this way -- is the calorie burning exercise you are doing increasing your heart health and promoting healthy lungs? I'd say the machine doesn't, but walking does, therefore I'd count walking as exercise but not that machine.

Just my opinion. If you find yourself losing weight with that machine alone, LET ME KNOW. I could use a boost in my weight loss! :laugh:
  • almond13
    almond13 Posts: 77
    how does that thing work??? i mean... what do you do on it? :laugh: :smile:
  • Alimummy07
    Thanks for replies. You do different positions on it and it really tones you up I have noticed a good difference in a month since I've been using it. I also use Davina's workout dvd 3-4 times a week so that counts as cardiovascular exercise I find it great too.:smile:
  • Phoenix_Rising

Oh oh, I meant to say it before and forgot (told you I'm about worthless today, ha) -- Thanks Vans!!!
  • Let me make sure I understand what this thing is...

Is it a platform that vibrates and you stand on it and it supposedly burns calories and counts as "exercise"? If I am misunderstanding this then I apologize in advance.

But this kind of stuff makes me BURNING mad! THROW THIS DEVICE OUT THE WINDOW. This is a scam that companies have been trying to foist on the unsuspecting public since the 50's!!! Does anyone remember those ridiculous devices that had a big leather strap that went across your butt and just jiggled the bejesus out of you? This is the same thing! They didn't work THEN, and they don't work NOW. If they did, don't you think fitness trainers and professional athletes would be using them?

Exercise and actual results require physical WORK. It's not glamorous, and not EASY, but it's the only way to get fit and lose fat. Well, with help from diet of course.

There is no free lunch!

Mike
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Thanks for replies. You do different positions on it and it really tones you up I have noticed a good difference in a month since I've been using it. I also use Davina's workout dvd 3-4 times a week so that counts as cardiovascular exercise I find it great too.:smile:

Not to be difficult, but....if you are doing a workout dvd 3-4x per week, how do you know it is the power plate that is "toning you up"?
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Let me make sure I understand what this thing is...

Is it a platform that vibrates and you stand on it and it supposedly burns calories and counts as "exercise"? If I am misunderstanding this then I apologize in advance.

But this kind of stuff makes me BURNING mad! THROW THIS DEVICE OUT THE WINDOW. This is a scam that companies have been trying to foist on the unsuspecting public since the 50's!!! Does anyone remember those ridiculous devices that had a big leather strap that went across your butt and just jiggled the bejesus out of you? This is the same thing! They didn't work THEN, and they don't work NOW. If they did, don't you think fitness trainers and professional athletes would be using them?

Exercise and actual results require physical WORK. It's not glamorous, and not EASY, but it's the only way to get fit and lose fat. Well, with help from diet of course.

There is no free lunch!

Mike

There is actually research behind the science of these vibration plates. A collection of studies can be found quickly at http://us.powerplate.com/EN/technology/scientific_support.aspx.

These have to be read with some caution as they are located on the manufacturer's web site. It does not mean that the research is poor, just that the studies reported are selective.

So far, the main practical application is to enhance certain types of training for athletes and to improve stability and proprioception in the elderly and deconditioned populations. Giving how these things work, that is what you would expect. I didn't see anything that supported the idea of weight loss or cardio conditioning in a non-deconditioned population.

It is not meant to be a substitute for exercise except in those populations who might be too deconditioned to exercise in the first place. Like most niche products, it probably has some limited positive applications, but the benefits most likely are being significant overstated by those who sell them.
  • Alimummy07
    Jeez hold the head folks! Im only asking has anyone else used them. I know they have certainly toned me up as I only started using the workout dvd a week ago and have been on this machine about 8/9 weeks. It works at toning, speeds up metabolism, is good for muscle aches so I certainly WONT be throwing it out the window :smile:
    PLUS they use them in gyms and beauty salons and I know an awful lot of people who swear by them too. If your legs ache afterwards and If your burning calories you are doing something right!
  • almond13
    almond13 Posts: 77

ohh... cool. sounds really interesting... where did you get it?
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Reminds me of those belt/electrode things that supposedly "shocked" you fit by sending electrical pulses through your legs/butt/waist. They work for rehabilitative purposes and to prevent muscle atrophy, but not as a means to get fit.

So long as you're getting in some cardio you should be fine. As always, caveat emptor.
  • I have one, I also do cardio but this helps to tone up the muscles. I find it great to get rid of womans worst problem bingo wings, I do an " arch" ie its like a push up but you hold half way up. It doesn't burn calories, but yes I definatly feel a benifit of useing it in my muscle tone themselves.
  • annakow
    annakow Posts: 385 Member
    I go to the gym to exercise my muscles on crazy feet machine, makes you firm, thats for sure, no idea how much calories you burn. But it helps with diet. Thats for sure.
This discussion has been closed.