eating before running

Options
tomorrow morning i would like to go for a run...usually i eat before a workout as it sustains me throughout the work out. However, tomorrow i am supposed to go out to breakfast. So i dont know if i should just eat a banana before i run and then eat at breakfast (however i dont know if that will sustain me as my body is used to a large bowl of cereal) or should i just bag the running and do some other workout after breakfast?
any suggestions?

Replies

• astridfeline
    astridfeline Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I would eat the banana, or a piece of toast before, then have breakfast out, and adjust your cals accordingly. Maybe have a lower cal breakfast at the restaurant than you normally would.
  • biochemnrd
    Options
    That has been debated quite a bit. If eating before working out does nothing to you I say go for it. I can't do that. I usually run on a empty stomach. Eating beforehand gives me nausea.
  • omid990
    omid990 Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    i'm in the same boat as you but since i can't work out on an empty stomach i usually have a piece of fruit or something else small to tide me over until time for breakfast.
  • ColinQ
    ColinQ Posts: 76
    Options
    A small tin/carton of low fat rice pudding goes down quite well and doesnt fill you up. I was recommended that by a personal trainer. Not sure how much energy it gives though
  • hasiangirl
    hasiangirl Posts: 1,613
    Options
    i was actually reading an article the other day about magnesium helps oxygen flow to ur muscles or something so it makes the work out go a lot smoother and your body gets a better work out because of it....If thats the case eat a bowl of spinach :bigsmile: ....i dont eat before working out =/ but i might try eating something with magnesium D and see if it really stands true lol