SO HUNGRY!!! ugh

Options
Ever have one of those periods of time where you're hungry 24/7? Ya, I'm there. What foods do you eat to fill you up when you're feeling this way?

Replies

• lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    Me too! I'm having a "hungry day" today. I try to add more protein on days like this, because it really helps keep me full a lot longer than anything else. Though I usually throw in a little chocolate too, so that I have a little treat. Reward for working so hard yesterday that I'm this hungry today! LOL. That's how I look at it anyway. Only 1 small piece allowed though, food rewards are not healthy when trying to get healthy!
  • jamiesadler
    jamiesadler Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    try to find something with a good amount of protein it will help keep you full. Also you could try oatmeal or 7 grain cereal or eggs.
  • DaniJeanine
    DaniJeanine Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Protein is what I'm thinking too...too bad what I really want is copious amounts of chocolate...lol
  • TobyTimmyNala
    TobyTimmyNala Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    My thing is am I REALLY hungry or am I bored? Usually I'm just bored and want to snack all day. If that's the case, I pop a bag of 94% FF popcorn and snack away. By the time I'm done with the bag of popcorn I'm definitely full.
  • DaniJeanine
    Options
    try to find something with a good amount of protein it will help keep you full. Also you could try oatmeal or 7 grain cereal or eggs.

Eggs always helps! I'm at work so I'm trying to think of something I can grab for lunch...maybe oatmeal from Starbucks...mmmm
  • volleypc
    volleypc Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I keep a bag of almonds in my desk at work for just such occasions. A couple of almonds and I am good to go. Usually it isn't really about being hungry for me is just a feeling of low energy. Seems to help though.
  • edith0827
    Options
    I'm having one of those days myself! Not bueno. I am on a mission to drink lots of water (while at work) and I'm having tuna salad with crackers, which has a great amount protein. It's just what I need to fight this hunger attack.
  • giag09
    giag09 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    hey i@daniellejean i saw that you do alot of zumba/cardio? i couldnt see your diary but maybe your not eating enough calories maybe you burn more so you may need to eat more
  • DaniJeanine
    Options
    hey i@daniellejean i saw that you do alot of zumba/cardio? i couldnt see your diary but maybe your not eating enough calories maybe you burn more so you may need to eat more

Hey! It's funny that you mention that because lately I've been slacking a little with my calories (eating more than usual) and I'm down 3 lbs! I started doing less cardio and more weights the past 2 weeks...that may also have something to do with it. It's funny how your body responds to changes in routine like that...