keeping the focus is hard

Options
so this is the umpteenth time i have tried to stay on track with loosing my lbs ... something is always happening to get me off track! Its really i guess my lack of motivation I guess but its really frustrating! It would help if some of my friends worked out with me ... kind of like the buddy system but thats not an option.... blah
I love this site ... just a matter of keeping it up tho! So I thought I would just stop by and say hey:drinker:

Replies

• BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Hey. :smile:
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    It's all about routine, planning, until it becomes second nature. It's hard, it sucks, but it's so worth it. With school out for the kids, vacations, relatives traveling to see us, etc. I got a real awakening on even after 8 mos of doing this, if you go off routine, you slip right back into old habits without even thinking. But as long as I had my routine I did great. So I'm trying to re-establish my routine and use the tricks I have learned about myself and my body to be more successful at this.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. This site is awesome, you will love it here if you don't already. I :heart: it here. This site is so supportive, helpful, motivational, easy to use, and everyone here is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to tell you that I wish that you have great success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    so this is the umpteenth time i have tried to stay on track with loosing my lbs ... something is always happening to get me off track! Its really i guess my lack of motivation I guess but its really frustrating! It would help if some of my friends worked out with me ... kind of like the buddy system but thats not an option.... blah
    I love this site ... just a matter of keeping it up tho! So I thought I would just stop by and say hey:drinker:

I understand...but here's what I figured out, we have to take charge and do this for ourselves first! Our changes can influence those that we love to do the same (my hubby has now lost 55 pounds too!)

You could always set this page as your homepage so that everytime you get online - a reminder!!

Good luck - you can do it!!
  • kelly_a
    kelly_a Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    yup, what chrissy said...it's all up to YOU! you will always get the same results if nothing ever changes. get serious about your health, every day. come here for support and friendship! you can do it! :flowerforyou:
  • getfitter2009
    Options
    Hey, My motivation

Is that at 32 if i do not conquer this once and for all, it will haunt me for the rest of my life. So i decided this is it, its too hard to start from scratch all the time, the first 2-3 weeks is constant pain and i cant be bothered any more.

What i can be bothered to do is get myself healthy once and for all and 4 weeks later i can already notice a difference in my fitness and strength. I dont see a repid change in body shape yet, but if i can feel a difference after 4 weeks, imagine after 12 weeks, i cant wait.

You can do this, lets all support each other and conquer these demons !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • juliep63
    juliep63 Posts: 84
    Options
    I think what really made the difference for me was realizing that I have to consider absolutely everything that goes into my mouth. I used to think: well, what's a doughnut going to hurt? or worse, I've been really good today, so I deserve to have a doughnut.

Rewarding yourself with food is a HUGE pitfall.

The other thing was that once I realized what exactly my fat and calorie intake should be, and how much was in the foods i was eating, I got a huge wake up call. Sometimes, not having the knowledge can really hinder your success. I used to take in anywhere from 3-4 TIMES my daily recommended intake! :noway:

Hang in there - I think you'll find this site really holds you accountable. Once I saw the numbers (which don't lie) I finally got my *kitten* in gear. :happy:
  • April0815
    April0815 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    When I do my cardio I like to have a workout buddy there with me because it makes the time go by so fast. I met a lady at the gym and we do cardio together on the weekends, that's it. The other days I do it alone, but I still do it. Even though I like to do my cardio with a buddy, I know that isn't going to happen all the time, I know no matter what this is up to me and I have to make it happen. I don't give myself another option. I do 6 days of cardio on the eliptical and 3 days of strength training with a trainer(1hr). On the day I take off of everything it takes everything I have in me to not go to the gym. I am addicted. If you would have asked me this 2 months ago I would have asked what's a gym?:laugh: