Sugar/Carbs

Options
So, I apparently used my sugar for the day with one smoothy. I had 1/2 banana, 1/2 cup Fage 2% yogurt, 1 tbsp Better than peanut butter (has sugar, I know), 1/2 tablespoon Full CIrcle Organic Peanut butter, 1 Tbsp Hershey's special dark cocoa, 1/4 cup milk, 1/4 coconut milk, 1 tsp NuNaturals stevia.

Now, I know there are natural sugars in milk, banana and coconut milk, along with the added sugar in peanut butter. But MY ENTIRE SUGAR ALLOWANCE FOR A DAY?!

Does anyone stay within their sugar allowance? I am usually 10% under on my carb allowance, and 5-7% over on my protein and fat... does this help at all?

I am trying to watch my sugar because my doctor has said I am pre- PCOS (probably not fully PCOS due to only being overweight/not obese and a diet of whole grains/ complex carbs for several years), and trying to get pregnant.

If you stay within your sugar allowance, how do you do it? I LOVE fruit.. currently there are apples, mangos, strawberries, kiwi, banana, and mandarins in my kitchen. I can give up many things, but I don't believe I can give up my 2-3 servings of fruit a day!

Replies

• anorton45
    anorton45 Posts: 62
    Options
    I am never within my sugar range because of the fresh fruits I eat... and I'm eating BERRIES.... I quit watching the sugar... it was driving me nuts. LOL...

I eliminated my sugary snacks like cookies, candy, cakes etc. I figure if I'm not gorging on fruit and I'm eating the BETTER for you fruit, the sugar is fine.
  • Tami113
    Tami113 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I agree it is difficukt for me to stay within my sugar limits as set by MFP. This week hasn't been the greatest for me food wise but i do usually eat alot of veggies and fruits (i am a vegetarian after all) and so in one smoothie of just fresh fruit with no added juice, powders or yogurts, i almost double my sugar allowance. This morning i woke up really early and has a nice big breakfast of honey nut cheerios, fat free milk and a peanut butter and jelly sandwich (not the greatest but certainly not the worst breakfast you could have) and i am already over my sugar limit. If the pounds come off than i say great! You of course are going to have people on here saying otherwise but do what you have to do to stay healthy and lose weight.
  • peejay34mason
    peejay34mason Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I think that you are correct in keeping the fruits and veggies within your diet plan. There are soooooo many benefits to maintaining them within your diet. Even if the sugars exceed what MFP suggest, keep it up. I really try to limit my fat and caloric intake more than any. As long as you are feeling well and healthy and are seeing the scales tip in your favor, I say if its not broke don't fix it!