Please Help!! Plateauing! D:

Options
Hello all. I really need some help! I have not lost weight for 2 weeks and this week I gained a few ounces... I think I'm plateauing :(
I think I'm gonna try to up my calorie intake, because its at 1200 and I exercise alot and don't ever eat the calories back. I do water polo and swimming which is two days a week, from 4:45-7:30 p.m. then, on two other days a week I just do swimming for an hour and a half in the evening. Please, I really need some help!!!! :frown:

Replies

• jmweger
    jmweger Posts: 7
    Options
    I am in the same situation and it's been about 3 weeks since I've lost anything. I am also going to increase my calorie intake. We'll see what happens from there! Good luck!
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    well i think b/c you don't eat back your exercise calories and only on 1200 is definitely your problem. you are way too low in calories! upping them is the best thing you can do!
  • eissak
    eissak Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I started this journey at about 170 lbs. I'm now at 142.5, with my goal being 135. I plateaued at about 146-148 and hovered there for almost 2 months. I was eating about 1200 cal up until my plateau, and that worked great for those first 25 pounds. Then I guess my body started freaking out and yelling 'what are you doing!' lol. I could not lose any more weight.

So in the last 4 weeks I've upped my calories to about 1500-1600 and have lost 5 pounds :) Upping the calories worked for me, even though my exercise has been reduced the last 2 weeks (dance class is on spring break). I guess the body adjusts and needs a little jump start again. It's worked for me! Plus I feel better being able to eat more!

Lin7604 is right. If you are not eating back your exercise calories your body is going to hold onto weight b/c you aren't giving it enough fuel. Up your calories and on work out days make sure you are getting enough food into your body!