Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

diet soda

i know, i know. badd..boo..evil...unhealthy.
it just doesnt fit with the rest of my lifestyle anymore...i mean who's ever seen someone leave hot yoga and pop open a diet coke? or 2?

anyone else try to kick the habit? how? and yes im familiar with cold turkey...we arent friends.

Replies

• original_cake_face
    original_cake_face Posts: 131 Member
    I switched over to tea, for the most part. I still drink a diet coke every now and then (I have one sitting next to me right now, actually), but mostly just tea and water.
  • monicaroozo
    monicaroozo Posts: 200
    trying to kick it too... i bought this stuff called zevia from whole foods. its not a tasty as diet but its made with stevia if you are ok with that. http://www.zevia.com/cola

also, i buy the little 8oz diet sodas instead of the 12oz and try to limit myself to one of those once in a while.
  • lgomez75
    lgomez75 Posts: 115
    thanks. i just started having tea around. someone said lemon in water...i dunno.
    ive already had one soda this am - prolly wind up somewhere around 3 for the day.

zoinks!
  • jackburnt
    jackburnt Posts: 5 Member
    There's no evidence that diet soda makes you gain weight. However, they do say the sweetness of the soda may make you want sweeter things (which do have calories).

I love diet drinks, but I also try to get my 8 cups of water in each day. I may switch to sweet tea and use artificial sweetener (I'm from the south so the only tea is sweet tea.)
  • lgomez75
    lgomez75 Posts: 115
    i hear ya!
    texas heat calls for a tall, ice cold glass of one of 4 things....sweet tea, lemonade, Shiner...or diet coke.
  • i just stopped buying it really. and started drinking water with lemon or lime juice. oooh and seltzer/club soda with lime or lemon juice...or something like pelligrino will give the fizz without the sweet cravings or whatever. and for caffein, try unsweetened iced tea or hot tea or coffee in the afternoon if you really need that jolt. good luck! i drink it every now and then but i just stopped buying it or having it in the house. husband lost 10 lbs because i stopped buying soda that jerk lol
  • Buttercupmcgee
    Buttercupmcgee Posts: 95 Member
    I struggled with it off and on, then I watched the documentary Sweet Misery (here's part 1 if you're interested: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I73FU2_wOvU)

I never touched it again.