:happy:

Replies

• Rays_Wife
    Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    You can do this! Welome to MFP and thanks for adding me! :flowerforyou:
  • Sharonab123
    Options
    You have the right attitude. Good luck to you!
  • ShirleyBMason
    Options
    I'm in agreement! Thx for the reminder eventhough you were saying it to yourself i have a tendency to lean to my own understanding. So I have to be reminded to trust God in all things.
  • peejay34mason
    peejay34mason Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Amen! That is so important for us to remember that we only control very little. God did give us free will in hopes that we will make the best choices. Here is to making all the BEST choices for us and the ones that we love!
  • tamamommy
    tamamommy Posts: 73
    Options
    Trust in Him.
  • sujeysolano
    sujeysolano Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Than you! nice meeting you
  • nszocinski
    nszocinski Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I've not been able to do it by myself ...ever...
    You've got the right attitude and a great chance to succeed.
    You'll find plenty of encouragement here.
    God bless your efforts!
  • Toddrific
    Toddrific Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options
    Ever heard the joke about the flood and the boat?

A farmer is in Iowa during a flood. The river is overflowing, with water surrounding the farmer's home up to his front porch. As he is standing there, a boat comes up, The man in the boat says "Jump in, I'll take you to safety."

The farmer crosses his arms and says stubbornly, "Nope, I put my trust in God."

The boat goes away. The water rises to the second floor. Another boat comes up, the man says to the farmer who is now in the second story window, "Jump in, I'll save you."

The farmer again says, "Nope, I put my trust in God."

The boat goes away. Now the water is up to the roof. As The farmer stands on the roof, a helicopter comes over, and drops a ladder. The pilot yells down to the farmer "I'll save you, climb the ladder."

The farmer says "Nope, I put my trust in God."

The helicopter goes away. The water comtinues to rise and sweeps the farmer off the roof. He drowns.

The farmer goes to heaven. God sees him and says "What are you doing here?"

The farmer says "I put my trust in you and you let me down."

God says, "What do you mean, let you down? I sent you two boats and a helicopter!!!"

---
    You have the tools to help yourselves, use them.
  • SoySalva
    SoySalva Posts: 138
    Options
    Wise words even better attitude....welcome and remember God is in control!
  • ergumm
    ergumm Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Well said! I am new also. I have had so much trouble losing weight! I will do great for a while and then for some reason that I can't figure out, I slip. It seems like every time I get below 200, I gain again! This does make me my own worst enemy I believe. Now I have grandchildren and hopefully I will live to have great grandchildren. My granddaughter has renewed my faith in many things and I just can't imagine not watching her grow up! This time I am letting God and my mother whom I lost many years ago keep me strong! :)
  • twigblu
    twigblu Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Amen to that!! Am trusting Him too!
  • LReneeWalker
    LReneeWalker Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Amen! That is so important for us to remember that we only control very little. God did give us free will in hopes that we will make the best choices. Here is to making all the BEST choices for us and the ones that we love!
    AMEN!
  • LReneeWalker
    LReneeWalker Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Trust in Him.
    ^^^this!
  • adamb83
    adamb83 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Gotta put a little faith in yourself and your own abilities, too - putting the burden elsewhere is too easy. Take command of your life & do the best YOU can in all YOU do!

Good luck!