what are good workouts for the inside of your thighs/calves?

Options
My outer thighs are very muscular, however, I would like to lose the inside jiggle and achieve better calf muscles. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! :happy:

Replies

• leadoff
    leadoff Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Leapfrog squats, both lateral and front/back, will work great for inner thighs. Good old calf raises are always a staple to focus on the calves.
  • Rosemarose
    Rosemarose Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    How did you get your outer thighs to be muscular? I'm working on this now to reduce some of this "saddle bag" look.
    Also, I've been doing tons and tons of squats (with weights) and started noticing a change in my inner thighs. I'm starting to see that muscle show a bit more. Hope that helps. For calves, I use the machine at the gym for calf raises.
  • svazquez820
    svazquez820 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    i do side lunges, i do leg raises with a stability ball, and a lot of single leg squats.
  • svazquez820
    svazquez820 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    thanks leadoff :) i'll try those tonight
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,669 Member
    Options
    Wide stance and plie squats to workout the inner thighs. Seated and standing calf raises to hit the calves.

A.C.E. Certified Personal & Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • JaimeBrown5
    JaimeBrown5 Posts: 324
    Options
    Plie squats!

Hold a dumbbell up and down (so the handle is vertical in your hands) - put your feet wider than shoulder width apart and point your toes out. Squat down, back straight and lower the weight down between your legs (not touching the floor) and keep your knees from going past your toes. Come up. Repeat.
  • RandomMiranda
    Options
    Good old fashioned leg lifts. On your side on the floor, top leg bent with your foot on the floor and raise the bottom leg. It was on the video I did this morning and I could definitely feel it.
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    Plie squats and deadlifts (both heavy).