breakfast ideas during detox

Options
stylishgirl
stylishgirl Posts: 34 Member
Hi peeps, wondering if anyone has recommendations for me. i am on a pretty severe detox (the initial period is for 2-3 weeks) and during this time i can only eat:

meats: chicken (but not eggs), turkey, salmon, whitefish
grains: quinoa, brown rice
Vegs: dark leafy greens, most other vegs but not corn or tomatoes
fats: coconut oil, avocado, flax oil, ghee

here's the kicker, nothing raw/cold it all has to be cooked. and NO: dairy, sugar, wheat, alcohol, caffeine, fruit, soy, nuts

lunch and dinner at home I feel good, but it seems strange to make breakfast so far. and any kind of recommendations for snacks (especially portable) would also be greatly appreciated. I haven't wrapped my head around how to make any of this easily portable. maybe a soup in a thermos. i think i need to get a thermos.

THANKS THANKS THANKS for any help. I'm only on day 3 and so far I'm not sure how to possibly do this for 2-3 weeks.

Replies

• songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Why only those foods and why only cooked?
  • stylishgirl
    Options
    I'm following the advice of a traditional chinese medicine practitioner for fertility.
  • andrea9873
    andrea9873 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    you may have to make for breakfast what you'd eat for lunch. such as a chicken breast or salmon fillet with green veggies. maybe a spinach soup for breakfast. There are some breakfast recipes that do include quinoa. just do a google search. I thought quinoa was South American food not Chinese. How odd that they'd prescribe it. it's a great choice though.

Perhaps you can experiment a bit with your "CAN EAT" list to make some smoothies and shakes. But it sounds like you can't add fruit and the nothing can be raw...so hmmm, I'm not sure.
  • stylishgirl
    Options
    I think my detox will be including lots of seasonings and spices. I found a breakfast sausage spice mix (sugar free), did that with some brown rice shallots and chicken breast minced up (I forgot to buy chicken or turkey breakfast sausage although i don't know if there's a sugarfree version out there, must be right?) It was meh, okay, not bad. can't see eating that 3 weeks straight, but...

spinach soup sounds good maybe i'll look for something like that. and I used to LOVE quinoa bowls for breakfast, but i'd flavor them with fruit, so gotta experiment with how to change that up. maybe a dash of vanilla, curry powder, coconut extract.

my practitioner studied TCM but is American and knows how much i like quinoa so i think she thought that would be easier for me that just brown rice, but it doesn't seem to have the tendencies to stir up food sensitivites like some grains do, and has a high protein content (she thinks my protein levels are too low).

thanks for the ideas so far....