Daily Calories and Net

Good Morning everyone,

I am new to fitness pal and after reading some of the post I have a questions concerning calorie intake and net.

I have a daily calorie intake goal of 1400 and exercise goal of 35min/day which equals to about 340 calories burn per day. I have noticed that this is added back into the calories left forthe day for consumption. My question is should I still eat the 1400/day regardless to lose my 2lb/week goal or should my net equal the 1400/day goal to lose?

Thanks a bunch,

candice

Replies

• mallory3411
    mallory3411 Posts: 839 Member
    You need to NET your calorie goal. So if you exercise and add it to the tracker you eat more.

Unless you have a HRM I would suggest eating a bit less than your exercise calories burned. Machines and this website aren't 100% accurate and they tend to overestimate.
  • lodogz
    lodogz Posts: 12 Member
    My calorie goal is 1200, Im always below it, sometimes way below. I dont eat extra cause of my exercise net calories. I eat 3 meals a day and snacks. Depending on how much I work out is why sometimes Im way below.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    I am new to fitness pal and after reading some of the post I have a questions concerning calorie intake and net.

I have a daily calorie intake goal of 1400 and exercise goal of 35min/day which equals to about 340 calories burn per day. I have noticed that this is added back into the calories left forthe day for consumption. My question is should I still eat the 1400/day regardless to lose my 2lb/week goal or should my net equal the 1400/day goal to lose?

Depends:
    Do you want to see improvement in your body because of the exercise you are doing and effort put forth there?
    Or,
    Do you want weight loss to slowly start becoming less and less until it probably stalls?

You already have a deficit figured into your daily goal, and it may potentially be too much already and likely more than estimated too. Don't add to the deficit by not eating back exercise you got credit for.
    Too big a deficit is unhealthy also, and prevents body from actually improving, and potentially worse than holding steady.
    So if you don't want exercise to improve the body, why do it?
  • kellybean14
    kellybean14 Posts: 237 Member
    I was hesitant to eat my net calories because it made more sense to me that the fewer calories I ate, the more I'd lose.

Since consuming my net goal, though, I am way hungrier and my metabolism has going into overdrive. I can tell my body is responding!!

Try aiming for your net goal and see if you can tell a difference. :)
  • 4daluvof_candice
    4daluvof_candice Posts: 483 Member
    Ok, I think I understand, Lol! I will see how things work out. thanks!