anyone else doing C25K?

Options
I am in my first week (doing the treadmill version) and I really like it! I don't seem to be disciplined enough to push myself so this has really helped. Anyone else having success with it?

Replies

• TiffanyAching
    TiffanyAching Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    hi. i'm did week 1 day 3 this morning, outdoor variety. i'm enjoying it, survived enough to feel confident about week 2!
  • mmsilvia
    mmsilvia Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I am on week 6 day 2. I love the program.
  • kriztyn723
    Options
    Hey! I just started too! Finished my 3rd day of week one yesterday. Starting week 2 tomorrow!

So far so good.

I am doing the treadmill version as well.

What speeds are you running at?

Me--- Run: 6.0 Walk 3.2-3.5
  • blynn2708
    blynn2708 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I just finished Week 4..I love it:bigsmile:
  • JessiC1984
    JessiC1984 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I did week 1 day 3 this morning.
    I've been running on my treadmill for a long time, but I've had a really hard time pushing myself to increase my stamina, so I thought this would help.
    I walk at 3-3.5 m and run at 5.8-.6m
    ( miles per hour and stuff really doesn't mean anything to me though, we don't use that here but it's the only setting my poor old treadmill has)
  • courtneymal17
    courtneymal17 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I literally JUST finished week 5..(omg I ran for 20 mins!!!) It's absolutely awesome, I looove the program!
  • erintheinspiration
    erintheinspiration Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm doing week 4 day 3 tonight. Every week the first day about kills me, but then on that 2nd day I totally kick @ss! :) I love the program and can't wait to run the full time. I'm doing my first "running" 5k on Mother's Day! I just hope I'm prepared for it, LOL!
  • nnylee
    nnylee Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    On Week 1, Day 3! I like it a lot. Especially when it's nice weather and I'm outside~!
  • jshaps7
    jshaps7 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow is week 7 day 3 for me! I've tried the program a few times and this is the first time I've gotten past week 4. I think I'm *technically* doing "ease into 5K" - an app for my iphone that used to be based on C25K but I'm guessing they had to change it for legal reasons.

I'm doing the treadmill version. I started out running at 5-6 mph depending on interval length and walking at 3.7/3.8 mph. Now I run at 5mph. I slowly decreased my speed when the intervals really started getting longer. Also I put the incline at 1% to offset the treadmill "propelling" you.

A friend of mine who did the treadmill version and completed it said it took a while to adjust to running outside. So it's definitely a bit of a horse of a different color.
  • tabik30
    tabik30 Posts: 443
    Options
    Hey! I just started too! Finished my 3rd day of week one yesterday. Starting week 2 tomorrow!

So far so good.

I walk at 3.2 but dont run nearly that fast... I may need to kick that up a little
  • jshaps7
    Options

So far so good.

I walk at 3.2 but dont run nearly that fast... I may need to kick that up a little

Don't compare your speed to anyone else's! What's important is getting the time in (and not hurting yourself). You can always work on speed later.
  • tabik30
    tabik30 Posts: 443
    Options
    Hi there! I'm doing week 4 day 3 tonight. Every week the first day about kills me, but then on that 2nd day I totally kick @ss! :) I love the program and can't wait to run the full time. I'm doing my first "running" 5k on Mother's Day! I just hope I'm prepared for it, LOL!

love your ticker! Lol
  • erintheinspiration
    Options
    Tomorrow is week 7 day 3 for me! I've tried the program a few times and this is the first time I've gotten past week 4. I think I'm *technically* doing "ease into 5K" - an app for my iphone that used to be based on C25K but I'm guessing they had to change it for legal reasons.

I'm doing the treadmill version. I started out running at 5-6 mph depending on interval length and walking at 3.7/3.8 mph. Now I run at 5mph. I slowly decreased my speed when the intervals really started getting longer. Also I put the incline at 1% to offset the treadmill "propelling" you.

A friend of mine who did the treadmill version and completed it said it took a while to adjust to running outside. So it's definitely a bit of a horse of a different color.

"Ease into 5k" is what I'm doing as well... I swear it used to be called c25k though, LOL! Glad to know that I was not making that up! ;)
  • erintheinspiration
    Options

love your ticker! Lol

Haha, thanks!! It's VERY fitting for my feelings towards running right now, LOL! ;)
  • jshaps7
    Options
    "Ease into 5k" is what I'm doing as well... I swear it used to be called c25k though, LOL! Glad to know that I was not making that up! ;)

I know!! One day I updated my apps and it had completely changed. All the intervals are slightly different too, and I think it's an 8 vs 9 week program. Seems to work just as well so I'm not complaining. :)
  • Tim249
    Tim249 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Finshed the last week this past Sunday. Very happy I did it. I lost about 20 pounds throughout the program, but I think a lot of that was from reducing calories--I wasn't burning a lot of calories those first few weeks.

I wrote a long blog entry about my experience (shin splints, phone apps, etc) that you can get to from my profile.

And always happy to get friend requests from C25K'ers :)

Good luck to everyone as you work through the program! It is SOOO worth it.
  • bioniclemonade
    Options
    Today is week 2 day 3 for me. So far I am liking it a lot. Would love to register and run in a 5K sometime soon.
  • courtneymal17
    courtneymal17 Posts: 672 Member
    Options

So far so good.

Just do it at the pace that you can get through it at...speed will come later. When I got to the 5 min runs I did the first day at my normal run pace (4-4.5ish on the treadmill) but gradually kicked it up across the 5 min runs, but *only* because I was feeling stronger. Now that I'm doing it outside, I'm definitely going slow...but the thing is, the point is to get through the run, not to run as fast as you can....i read somewhere that you're basically supposed to go slow and pace yourself. Also...dont compare to other people! Just do YOUR best!

On other notes...I have the "Get Running" app on my ipod...it's I think $3 but so cute...I absolutely love it!

And also if anyone would like some friends, I love having c25k people around for support & motivation, so feel free to add!
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I am! Outside, though. I am starting week 3 tomorrow. Looking ahead to week 4 and it looks like it's gonna start getting hard lol. And confusing. I don't have a smartphone so I cant bring an app with me to tell me when to run/walk. I just use the timer on my dumbphone. I'm gonna have to write down the schedule on my arm to remind me.
  • fragilegoat
    fragilegoat Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Just a tip re: apps! I haven't tried all the apps out there, but I really like runkeeper as it allows me to customize the intervals, track my routes (via GPS), and gives me avg stats.