Why is giving up on ME so easy?

Options
I am looking for supportive friends. I am at my wits end. I support so many people in my personal life that I dont make time for me. Summer is coming and I am afraid that I will hit depression again. I went to the gym and was disappointed by what I saw in the mirror. I don't know that woman anymore. Work, love, life has bogged me down. I love myself and the people in my life, I just don't love my body...

Replies

• cbeutler
    cbeutler Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me.
  • krebswood
    Options
    It is so easy to not think about yourself and focus all of your energy on other people- I think we all know we should focus on ourselves, but that is actually more difficult. I know it is depressing in the summer for me to look around and see thin, beautiful people, and it is not fun to watch everyone around you having fun. I know that in some things I feel restricted. That is why I came here- too hopefully become one of the happy people around me. I used to be one of those people, but like you working and just life made me forget that I need to take care of me. I think it's time...
  • kvonjohn
    kvonjohn Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I think that many of us have had similar feelings about our bodies. I personally know the feeling of looking at a picture of myself and gasping. Another thing that will help is knowing that we can't control how others treat us but we can control the company we keep. Let the negative influences go and get happy!
  • Jenph20
    Jenph20 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain. Everyone wants that supportive friend, but no one really wants to be one. I think you need to keep plugging forward and do whats best for you. You know what you need to do and you will get there!! I ahve a ladies only support group on FB if you would like to join. We would love to have you!! shoot me a msg.
  • MsWilder818
    Options
    @tadpole22084: I don't have facebook (I know...weird) but We can be friends on MFP and support each other via that way :) Great work on putting a support group together. That is amazing.
    @kvonjohn / krebswood / cbeutler : Thanks for the support and kind words. I am def in the weeding out process for sure. I just need to make time for me. I used to be a different woman in a different body. The issue is that I commit myself to others and other things equally as important, and then forget about me. I am also just soooooo exhausted. Small steps I guess.
  • Panda_Path
    Panda_Path Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    LOVE yourself for the beautiful lady you are! Your body is just the outside. When you are gone, what will people remember? WIll they remember your pant size, or the size of your heart? Will they remember the food you ate, or the times you were there for them, supporting them? YOU ARE AWESOME, BELIEVE IT! :)
  • TeamEdwardJenn
    TeamEdwardJenn Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I am right there with ya hun. . But you gotta push pass the clouds and as little orphan Annie sang " When I'm stuck a day
    That's gray, And lonely, just stick out my chin
    And Grin, And Say, Oh! The sun'll come out
    Tomorrow So ya gotta hang on 'Til tomorrow Come what may " Hugs !
  • andrea9873
    andrea9873 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Hey there! Don't give up! Look up! Hang in there and remember you're a beautiful person inside and out! You are not defined by what size you wear or what the number on the scale says. Take this time to work on and love the person you are on the inside and that will motivate you to work towards your physical goals. Feel free to add me as a friend here!
  • elijahgo1
    elijahgo1 Posts: 17
    Options
    Hello,

I think many of your reasons are the same reasons we are on this website. We are all seeking to change something about ourselves. Keep motivated, watch other people's journals and see that you can do it as well.

I've been looking for people "my size" who have already completed the journey. See them and think, "if they can do it, so can I!"

Finally, remember, none of us got in our current physical conditions in just a few weeks, months, or even years. It certainly took me 3 years to get into the bad-shape I'm in now. It is going to take some time...but this is a first, big step. Don't give up!
  • goodfido
    goodfido Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    It's hard to make ourselves a priority but what I continue to remind myself is that if I don't take time for myself I can't be the best wife, mother, sister, friend etc that I can be. I have to be a little selfish to be sure that I'm happy and "whole" before I can be there for others. It's hard to do but those around you should understand that you need a little "me" time and they should support you.

Good Luck, I hope that you are able to make a happy balance of everything!!