Sugar intake

Options
Hi gang.... I'm still trying to figure this out.

Sugar intake - the suggested amount is VERY difficult to not exceed. If I drink three glasses of milk a day POOF, my sugar numbers are done! How do you manage this? Just about everything has some kind of sugar doesnt it? Whether its processed or natural....

I'm staying under or on calorie and fat, I know I could increase my protein - but the sugar thing has me confuzzled...help?

Replies

• WINEYINVA
    WINEYINVA Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I can totally relate, if I eat a huge slice of watermelon or a lot of grapes it sends my sugar intake sky high, but I am assuming that the natural sugar found in foods is better than processed kind. Not really sure though
  • pange
    pange Posts: 82
    Options
    I have the same problem. My sugar is always over. I eat a lot of fruit and that runs up my tally. No added sugar whole grains, meat, and most vegetables are the way to go to avoid high sugar. But I don't count natural sugars against my totals.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    From what I understand, milk sugars are good for you. Also, sugars in fruit are fine as long as you're actually eating the fruit to obtain the fiber. Added sugars and sugars in juices are the ones you need to worry about.
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    MFP doesn't differentiate between natural sugars and processed sugars. The suggested intake for processed sugars is what you should watch, so if you're eating fruit, but staying within your caloric limits, then don't worry about it unless you are eating like 4x the amount you're supposed to in a day. It's not really too much work to figure out, I just subtract the fruit and natural sugars from my total to make sure my processed sugars don't go over.
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    MFP doesn't differentiate between natural sugars and processed sugars. The suggested intake for processed sugars is what you should watch, so if you're eating fruit, but staying within your caloric limits, then don't worry about it unless you are eating like 4x the amount you're supposed to in a day. It's not really too much work to figure out, I just subtract the fruit and natural sugars from my total to make sure my processed sugars don't go over.

What she said.:drinker: