Suggest Protein source

Options
My daily intake for proteins right now is 70-100 ... I want to increase it to 175. Can someone suggest good protein sources?

thanks

Replies

• pgp90xer
    pgp90xer Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Chicken, eggs, tuna and things like that are great. Nuts are great too and even though they have fats, they are good fats. I also just learned this myself but I found out that pumpkin seeds have more protein then other seeds or nuts. I like sunflower seeds and they have 11g of protein for 1/3 a cup but at only 1/4 cup of pumpkin seeds you get 18g of protein!
  • ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    In addition to the above, try protein shakes and greek yogurt.
  • kdmjeven
    kdmjeven Posts: 4
    Options
    I mix plain greek yogurt with sugar free jello and use it as dip for fruit. In 1/2 cup portion you will have 11g of protein and 80 calories (plus the calories in your fruit). You can also mix the greek yogurt with dry ranch salad dressing and use it with veggies.
  • RLeighP
    RLeighP Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I definitely second (or third?) Greek yogurt. Chobani is my favorite, it has 22 grams of protein in an 8oz serving. I use it with almond milk to make my morning shakes.
  • lorraine311
    lorraine311 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Protein Shakes/Yogurt!
  • rhogar00
    rhogar00 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    bump
  • x509
    x509 Posts: 4
    Options
    I am currently at 90g of proteins a day. Here is my meal plan

Breakfast: 3 slices of brown bread + 1 cup of tea (indian chai)
    4 horus later: Metabolic low carbs protein shake (2 scoops in 16 oz of water) + Fish oil capsule (1)
    4 hours later: Vege + chiecken/Tuna
    2 hours later: 1 Green tea

This gives me an intake of 1200-1500 calories a day, I want to increase it to 1800 (with more protien). So any specific suggestions?
  • x509
    x509 Posts: 4
    Options
    Any help on my diet ?