Help!

Options
Ok getting frustered !! eating right, and excersing regularly and I have not lost a pound, mind you I feel great!! and notice some inches coming off, but not much, minium I work out 3x/wk but normally 6x/wk.
What am I doing wrong here.

Replies

• lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    If you are feeling better and losing inches, you're doing everything right! Sometimes our bodies like to move the weight around first, then start dropping the pounds. I had 6 weeks of this, then I've dropped 5 in the last 2 weeks. The weight loss will come, just keep at it!
  • wolfehound22
    Options
    Honestly, feeling better and losing inches r a lot better reslts than what the scale tells u. There r so many factors in what the scale says, water weight, muscle gain ect..., so it changes all the time. But inches r the real success. Also remeber, everyone sees the inches youve lost, your the only one that sees the scale.
  • peejay34mason
    peejay34mason Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Often times we gain weight before losing weight, as muscle weighs more than fat. So try not to be discouraged, as it will come. It is so important to turn that fat into lean muscle as it helps with your metabolism. Keep your chin up and keep hacking away at the fat and you will see a downturn in the scales!!
  • Rachel2617
    Options
    Thank you so much for all the advice!! maybe I should leave the scale alone for awhile, and just keep pushing myself. :) thank you
  • jcpmoore
    jcpmoore Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Give yourself some time, too. Scales don't necessarily move right away. It can easily take six weeks or more before weight actually starts falling off.
  • lukeout007
    lukeout007 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    I was starting to plateau and putting a lot of weight (pun intended) on what the scale said...so I put it away for a month. I weigh in again in 2 days but its been nice to be able to just focus on my health rather than a number.
  • ALHicks
    ALHicks Posts: 145
    Options
    IF you are seeing the inches go then you are doing something right. I almost wish that MFP would show that to. I feel like my inches is so much more impressive then my weight. Just remember everyone's body is different and muscle weighs more then fat.
  • _Bob_
    _Bob_ Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    Ok getting frustered !! eating right, and excersing regularly and I have not lost a pound, mind you I feel great!! and notice some inches coming off, but not much, minium I work out 3x/wk but normally 6x/wk.
    What am I doing wrong here.

nothing, you're weight is being redistributed. more and better muscle tone and less fat. you've already heard it but muscle weighs more than fat.

my wife just got some size 2 pants and she weighs 5lbs more than she wore size 6
  • wolfehound22
    Options
    Thank you so much for all the advice!! maybe I should leave the scale alone for awhile, and just keep pushing myself. :) thank you
    I would agree, ditch the scale for a bit. its evil and only tells a small portion of what you are accomplishing.
  • lvnnena
    lvnnena Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Wow! I am really glad I checked out this topic. My workout reg is about the same. I go to gym 4-6xs/wk. I've lost 5Ibs. so far, but this week it's been nothing and I've been really focused on my diet too and avoiding bad foods. But I have noticed that I can now fit into some of my work pants that I could NOT fit into back in December and January, so I guess that's good. Thanks to everyone for sharing such helpful information about weight distribution and muscle weight gain. @Rachel2617 - Thanks for the post! You were not alone in your frustration! Good luck to you! :)
  • Merrie67
    Merrie67 Posts: 15
    Options
    Ignore the scale, it's like watching a pot of water that won't boil. You are doing great because you are losing inches. Don't worry the scale will catch up with the inches, it just takes some time!! :smile:
  • 7funnygirl7
    7funnygirl7 Posts: 1,176
    Options
    When I started my "first" journey in Oct 2011, I was hoping/wanting to "look" good. Now that I have started my "second" journey on MFP, I realized it is not how I look...but, how I feel. I feel fabulous, strong, and healthy :smile: It doesn't matter what I look like on the outside cause I know I am "damn fine" on the inside :heart:
  • Rachel2617
    Options
    WOW, great advice, Just getting worried something was wrong I have been going strong for 3 months and haven't lost a pound.