Sugar Intake

Options
Hello, I am having a hard time staying below the allowed sugar levels that they have set for me on here. I am allowed 44g and that might seem like alot but after you take out the fruit i have and the milk for breakfast it always leaves me in the - ...Any suggestions would be great. Thanks

Replies

• ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    If you're getting it mostly from fruit or other "clean sources", don't worry about it. I was having the same issue so I just removed the sugar column from my diary so I don't let myself get anxiety over it.
  • treetop57
    treetop57 Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    If it's from milk and whole fruit, I wouldn't worry about it unless you're diabetic, lactose intolerant, or have something other metabolic issue.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    If you don't have a reason to monitor your sugar intake, just ignore that number. You can choose to watch a different nutrient, vitamin or mineral instead. If you aren't already, I'd suggest switching sugar for fiber. Most of us don't get enough fiber. :)
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    Fruits will have a lot more sugar than vegetables. Switch out a serving of fruit for veggies of some sort.

I wouldn't worry about it too much, as if your sugar is from fruits and milk, then you don't really need to change. If you are truly worried, do as I said before! I wouldn't stress it too much!
  • picassoadagio
    picassoadagio Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Eat fresh. More veggies, Cut the junk food. Limit yourself to a piece or two of fruit a day. Swap soy milk for regular milk. Eat more whole grains. It's a matter of what you are willing to change.
  • krisrpaz
    krisrpaz Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Have you tried almond or coconut milk? They only have 1 gram of sugar per serving and taste delicious. Coconut is my favorite!

CORRECTION:

So Delicious Unsweetened Coconut Milk has ZERO Sugar and
    Calories 50
    Fat 5g
    Carbs 1g
    Protein 1g
  • TamaBunny
    TamaBunny Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I have started buying some sugar free sweets, so I can have those on higher sugar days, to help keep mine down, I know it's something I need to work on so I feel this is a good thing for me to personally sort out.

I have too much of a sweet tooth, I do crave it a lot so it helps me.
  • idziak04
    idziak04 Posts: 69
    Options
    Thanks for posting this, I am having the same issue because I eat alot of fruit. I will not worry so much about it now.
  • amandasnow78
    amandasnow78 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Well I do not eat junk food, I only eat fruits and veggies as of lately. My milk is only 1% . Thanks for the advice. I will probably just take off the sugar on my mfp, Anytime I see red it drives me insane. Thanks again!
  • kero2012
    kero2012 Posts: 7
    Options
    Oh thanks for starting this! I have the same problem. Always over in my sugar intake and it's down mostly to bananas, LF yoghurts and Skimmed Milk! I may ignore the sugar from fruit and milk in future. The handy thing with that column is it can highlight foods I didn't realise had so much sugar in ;)